PDA

View Full Version : Comfy shoe in seventy dollar range?

tbini87
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
hey guys. planning on getting a new pair of shoes soon. have gone through Adidas a3 prevails, 2 pairs of barricade 4s, currently using barricade 5s and feathers. i have started having some knee soreness and pretty bad lower back pain (which is normal, i have a bad disc on the lower right side). i really like the barricades but don't know if they are really helping out the back issue much. just wondering if i could get some input on a few shoes i was looking at in the seventy dollar range. i am probably not going to be playing enough to get a 6 month warranty, so that is not very important, and i don't want to shell out money on shoes that i won't use for much more than 6-7 months. the shoes that look appealing are:

Prince T20
Adidas CC Ultimate Edge
Asic Gel Game
New Balance MC 803

like i said i am looking for comfy shoes that might help out my lower back. thanks for any help and input!

nn
08-01-2008, 07:13 PM
asisc gel or new balance..

I don't have any back problem but created because of using worn out nike BFII (almost used for 2 years and RBK Netmaster also). After using new shoes Lotto Revenge & Addidas BIII I feel no lower back pain (validate my theory that old shoes will give you trouble)

also replace insole with better one (spenco or true feet)

tbini87
08-01-2008, 10:46 PM
also replace insole with better one (spenco or true feet)

yeah, definitely looking into that as well! thanks.

FloridaAG
08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Old shoes can also cause knee and other joint pain - I wore a pair of Princes long past when I should have. I wear NB 653s - very comfortable and cheap (as they were discontinued)

River Hill
08-02-2008, 05:18 AM
You really need to see what fits your foot the best.

curvefan
08-02-2008, 05:44 AM
I really liked the New Balance line.

I had recently been wearing the 803's which were great for my knees and were pretty comfortable.

I now wear the Asics Gel Resolutions which are a little out of your price range.

Try the 803's, I think you will like them. Nothing fancy though.

If you're looking for flashy shoes look elsewhere.

Good luck

slice bh compliment
08-02-2008, 06:38 AM
First of all, I'd spend another $30 on the absolute right shoe if that's the case. Amortized over two months, that's fifty cents a day.....or playing tennis ten times it's just $3 per play. Well worth it. You are not doing yourself any favors by chintzing on tennis shoes.

That said, FILA Alfas look pretty good, and they are cheap compared to the top Nike, adidas and Babolat models.

I rotate two pairs of babolat shoes, and I play 4 to 5 x per week.

I never thought I'd spend $100 on tennis shoes, but I do. Kind of makes me sick to think about it, but I really believe that's money well spent. Same thing with overgrips, strings and socks. Any of my other tennis/sports/leisure gear is way down on the list. Shoes are at the top.

tbini87
08-02-2008, 07:18 AM
First of all, I'd spend another $30 on the absolute right shoe if that's the case. Amortized over two months, that's fifty cents a day.....or playing tennis ten times it's just $3 per play. Well worth it. You are not doing yourself any favors by chintzing on tennis shoes.

That said, FILA Alfas look pretty good, and they are cheap compared to the top Nike, adidas and Babolat models.

I rotate two pairs of babolat shoes, and I play 4 to 5 x per week.

I never thought I'd spend $100 on tennis shoes, but I do. Kind of makes me sick to think about it, but I really believe that's money well spent. Same thing with overgrips, strings and socks. Any of my other tennis/sports/leisure gear is way down on the list. Shoes are at the top.

i thought about it, but then thought "who says i can't get a good shoe for $70". just because nike sells all their shoes for twice that doesn't mean i can't get some good ones for $70. and aren't shoes generally a little more expensive when they have a warranty? since i am don't think i would wear them out in time i don't needa warranty. however, the math you did certainly shows that spending a little extra won't kill me in the long run. however, if i can get a nice pair for $70 i will be happy! not to mention i have been spending plenty on barricades... and they haven't really been great on the back.

albino smurf
08-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I got some Nike Air Ace 08s and they are great. Prob won't last forever, but minimal break in time, look good and feel awesome.

nn
08-02-2008, 01:20 PM
i thought about it, but then thought "who says i can't get a good shoe for $70". just because nike sells all their shoes for twice that doesn't mean i can't get some good ones for $70. and aren't shoes generally a little more expensive when they have a warranty? since i am don't think i would wear them out in time i don't needa warranty. however, the math you did certainly shows that spending a little extra won't kill me in the long run. however, if i can get a nice pair for $70 i will be happy! not to mention i have been spending plenty on barricades... and they haven't really been great on the back.

yeah check out Nike outlet and other stores for deals.. I had spend $90 at max 3 years back and told myself never again I will spend that much on shoes because you can find better deal just keep looking. If you look around off season you will find better deal on out going models & stock them. Now I have 2 Nike and 1 addidas as back (all under $40) and 2 current pair in rotation in new condition.

Try File Alfa it has 30 days full refund policy and see if you like it otherwise return is as easy with TW rocks...

TennisLover17
08-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I really like the Tirand 3's. Cheap price, and although they dont have the same guarantee as the barricades, they still get the job done

iTennis
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Went from Prevail a3 to CC Ultimate Edge, and very happy with the shoes. Definitely better than Prevail in every aspect; lighter, more comfort with soft well vented upper, great traction/ lateral support with nice mid-sole cushioning. I run hard for all balls, and they are perfect for my game. I was a little skeptical about durability with CC upper but it is holding up well. About 8 hrs/ week of competitive play on hard court, outsole is wearing 70% after 2 months....I wished for a little better durability but heel is much beefier than a3 and UE is more durable than a3 fore sure. Then again for under $70/ pair they are excellent buy.

TheRed
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
If you have a narrow feet, then prince T20 or T10
If you have wide feet, prince T9. I wear the T9's. The T9's with orthotics are simply the best shoe I've ever worn.

texastornado
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
i second the fila alfas.

Il Mostro
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Air Zoom X-Trainers -- the re-issue of the Johnny Mac shoe. *Really* nice for the money. I bought out of nostalgia never intending to wear these on the court, (usually Yonex SHT 306, Barricade V's and K Swiss Ascendor SLT's), but the fit and cushioning is so nice. A little tall and not the lightest, but great bang for the buck at $80.00. BTW, mine are the white/blue/grey variety. Sweet.