PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RQ iS 1 Tour vs Light version - comparisons?

gocard
08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Has anyone playtested both the RQ iS 1 Tour and the lighter 11.0 oz. version? Other than the weight, do they play somewhat similarly? I'm asking for a friend, who has some wrist injuries in the past. She loves the solid feel of the original version, but is concerned that it is a bit heavy. I don't know if it will end up aggravating her wrist problem with a heavier racquet than she is comfortable with.

She's doing a demo program right now, but the shop doesn't have the Tour Light version in stock or as a demo right now.

If anyone can offer some input regarding the two and how they play, that'd be great. Thanks!

gocard
08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
*bump* anyone?

martin
08-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I think it's too early for this question but i'm also very curious especially how it compares against the m-fil300

gocard
08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
So it turns out the store did have the lighter version, so I tried it out today. It was a demo so I don't know what the tension or strings are.

I only tried it for 15 minutes. My initial impression is that it swings very easily, but is too light for what I am used to (~ 12 oz). When the ball makes contact, it was so muted (if I'm using the term correctly) that it was almost like I didn't even feel the ball hitting the racquet, even though the ball went back with good pace. Maybe the sweet spot was bigger? It was strange in that sense, but a very comfortable racquet, and very easy to handle for the fast volleys.

Overall from the very brief time I spent with the regular and the light versions, I'd prefer the heavier one due to the feel. My friend is most likely going to settle for the heavier one, but will try this one out for a few more days.

counterpuncher
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Was there much of a power difference between the two ?

gocard
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
the regular Tour has more power and control than the lighter one, but I didn't play with it for too long so the control may be good with the light version too, once you get used to it. The heavier Tour was closer to my specs so I think I was more comfortable with it right from the start.

martin
08-04-2008, 04:25 AM
With some leadtape at 12 o'clock it will probably hit like another racket.