PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a racket!

gloryofgreece
08-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi guys I am stuck between aeropro drive cortex and aero storm...

I am about 4.0 rating player, kinda like to stay in baseline, however do up to the net occasionally.

My requirements....

It is got to be a bit arm and shoulder friendly...I dont care about spin potential that much; I just like to keep my joints!! :evil:

Bagumbawalla
08-01-2008, 10:39 PM
You might consider something from the ProKennex line. They have some arm-friendly rackets with similar specs to the ones you mention, and less expensive.

gloryofgreece
08-01-2008, 10:46 PM
but i really like babolat..

help me chose between these two :-?...

tennis_hand
08-02-2008, 04:52 AM
try pure storm tour or pure storm.

they have low stiffness rating and good flex and not like other babolats.

beedlejuice22
08-02-2008, 05:28 AM
we cant pick out a racket that you will definetly like. You have to demo them for yourself and see which one you like better.

phucng_10
08-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Personally, I think Babolat aren't arm-friendly at all. Those sticks ARE stiff as hell. I mean I like the power and all but when you encounter a deep flat return, man you're going to wish you never played with that racquet. Anyways, I would suggest you demo out those racquets and see how you play with them. We can't really tell how you play so you're going to have to decide that on your own.

goldenyama
08-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Those two might be good sticks, but they will NOT be arm friendly.

Maybe try the Head Microgel Radical Pro, same headsize as the APDC, a bit heftier and a LOT more arm friendly.

If you're stuck on Babolat, Pure Storm Team is the only way to go if you wanna save your arm.

slice bh compliment
08-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Mass, not a HH bal, some flex and a dampening grip/grommet system....a nice big grip, fresh strings, good technique. I believe this to be the recipe for lasting through years and years of constant tennis playing.

EDIT:
Fundamentally, I think Volkls do a good job. But if you're into Babolat... the Aero Storm Tour with cortex is heavy, not as stiff as the APDC, and overall a pretty sweet, powerful stick.
If you don't require cortex, go with the Storm Tour or the Storm Ltd. The Ltd is the greatest [for me]. Maybe you'll like it, too.

Il Mostro
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Personally, I think Babolat aren't arm-friendly at all. Those sticks ARE stiff as hell. I mean I like the power and all but when you encounter a deep flat return, man you're going to wish you never played with that racquet. Anyways, I would suggest you demo out those racquets and see how you play with them. We can't really tell how you play so you're going to have to decide that on your own.

Demo advice is good. The rest is bogus -- the ADPC is not stiff feeling at all. The most arm friendly, comfortable stick in my bag. Too many people here are hung up on urban myth.