PDA

View Full Version : How long before a racket deforms?

2nd_Serve
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I was in the middle of a lesson when my strings popped on me. Then I took out the strings almost 2 hours later. Will my racket have been deformed? If so, by how much?

DO you think I would need another racket?

babolatisduhbomb
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
im not sure what you really mean...

The Hybrid
08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I was in the middle of a lesson when my strings popped on me. Then I took out the strings almost 2 hours later. Will my racket have been deformed? If so, by how much?

DO you think I would need another racket?
It might be alittle warped but its hard to tell...do you have pics?

BAMF
08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
as long as only one or two strings snapped it should be fine. if all the crosses simultainiously snapped there would be a problem.

2nd_Serve
08-01-2008, 10:49 PM
as long as only one or two strings snapped it should be fine. if all the crosses simultainiously snapped there would be a problem.

Alright. Thanks a lot.

LawnChairGeneral
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
how many licks to the center of a tootsieroll pop?

Loco4Tennis
08-02-2008, 05:40 AM
i think the better answer is, it depends on the stick you have
ive seen babolats with broken main strings after a month, the crosses where still on, of course i cut them out or rather told the owners to do so right then and there,
softer frame racquets seem to be the most impacted by this, but to be safe cutting strings asap is the way to go, cause once the dent or crack stats to show on the frame, ti just gets worse and worse from that point on
OP as per you 2 hour issue, should be fine, infact most people are not able to cut strings at the courts, so doign it when they get home is ok i think
i do carry a nail clipper (wire cutter too big to carry), on my bag for exactly that reason tough, so i can cut a string when this happens,

2nd_Serve
08-02-2008, 07:54 AM
i think the better answer is, it depends on the stick you have
ive seen babolats with broken main strings after a month, the crosses where still on, of course i cut them out or rather told the owners to do so right then and there,
softer frame racquets seem to be the most impacted by this, but oo be safe sutting string asap is the way to go, cause once the dent or crack stats to show on the frame, ti just gets worse and worse from that point on
OP as per you 2 hour issue, should be fine, infact most people are not able to cut strings at the courts, so doign it when they get home is ok i think
i do carry a nail clipper (wire cutter too big to carry), on my bag for exactly that reason tough, so i can cut a string when this happens,

Thanks for your answer. Realy appreciate it.