PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's Custom Damp

mwahsun
08-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Is it me or did he remove the Babolat Custom Damp insert that comes with the dampener? From what is looks from the picture, it seems as if hes only using the yellow ring itself. Any ideas or confirmation?

PED
08-02-2008, 03:48 AM
From the TV picture, it appears to be in. I've always seen him play with the insert in. If you've played with them, you know there's a big difference in feeling between having the insert in or out.

mwahsun
08-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Ive tried it and when I hit any ball, it feels so numb. I don't like that.

creative_tennis_boy
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Nadal's vibration dampener is the Babolat one with the insert. I know cause i've seen him use it and I use the same. It may feel strange hitting with it at first but it once you get you used to it it can affect your game positively.

Serpententacle
08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Is it me or did he remove the Babolat Custom Damp insert that comes with the dampener? From what is looks from the picture, it seems as if hes only using the yellow ring itself. Any ideas or confirmation?

What difference does it make to you whether he uses the insert or not?

Coaching
08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Using the same thing, was also wandering what is the difference?:confused:

feyya
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM

its just a question.

Fedace
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM

Yes the inner core is suppose to amplify the dampening even more. It is like having 2 dampners in one. but nadal removed it cause he didn't like the feel with all of it in. without it, it is virtually same as Sampras dampner...:)

Serpententacle
08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Yes the inner core is suppose to amplify the dampening even more. It is like having 2 dampners in one. but nadal removed it cause he didn't like the feel with all of it in. without it, it is virtually same as Sampras dampner...:)

I know the physical difference. I'm just wondering why does it matter if Nadal uses it with the insert or not? Just use it the way you like best. It's not going to make you hit the ball like Nadal. All sorts of people think there's magic in emulating their idols... but you must learn just to do what YOU want personally. I understand learning certain things from professionals, but you will NEVER be your best trying to be someone else.