PDA

View Full Version : need some advices for racquet choice

haylian
08-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I currently have a babolat drive z lite, and it's far from being the perfect match for me. I have a long but not full swing style, so I generate a bit of power myself, which added to the power of the z lite, makes me hit too long too often, and I have to shorten my swings to keep the ball in the court. The racquet feels a bit too light for me too, and it's head-heavy. As my wrist isn't so strong, I'd rather have more weight down, closer to my hand so I can rotate better and do better swings. The midplus head size seems to be ok for me, I don't have too much problem hitting with sweetspot, nad I guess it would be too difficult for me with a mid head size.
My backhand is 2H and I hesitate to go for 1H, I think it would suit me better, I sense the ball better with 1H backhand swings, but problem is my positionning on it which is approximate.
So, i'm looking for advices to choose a new racquet, if you know racquets that fit my description, please give me the name so I can demo it :p.

to sum up :
Head size : MP
weight : between 10 to 11 oz strung would be perfect (a bit more or less isn't a big deal)
balance : head light, I prefer.
swing style: long, not full though.
power : less power than the drive zlite, but I can't generate the whole power myself though.

Thanks

haylian
08-03-2008, 01:27 AM
bump .

D. Dokas
08-03-2008, 01:37 AM
not sure how much it weighs although
pure storm is a great racquet its 3-4 points headlight strung.
gives a decent amount a power and whole lot of control seems like it suits u perfect:)

EndLy
08-03-2008, 01:39 AM
how about a babolat pure drive.. sticking with the babolat sticks aren't so bad right?

i've say demo the new one with cortex because the old pure drive team plus isn't available anymore.. =/

demoed it, liked it, was great when using two handed backhand but was also able to hit some great feeling one handed backhands.. racket didn't seem heavy at all.

didn't have to fully swing out to generate pace, racket seemed to have a good amount of power.

hope that helps.. =)

haylian
08-03-2008, 05:12 AM
is pure drive less powerful than drive z lite? if not I'll end up having to shorten my swings again or add a lot of topspin to the ball which isn't my game ( I hit flat ).
I know babolat is trendy, but I'm not opposed to changing racquet brand (almost every player who plays with me every saturday in my club use one), i'm kinda fed up with those clones :p, so any other suggestions are welcomed :)

haylian
08-03-2008, 05:24 AM
I'll add the pure storm to my demo list, power seems ok according to reviews I'v read.

Flyingpanda
08-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Out of the Babolat rackets. I suggest Pure Drive, Pure Storm, or Aeropro Drive. All three of them are high 10 to low 11 oz strung. They all have decent power (Pure Storm probably has the least), but since they're head light, especially compared to your current racket, they're all good choices to try.

A good racket I recommend is the current one I use now, which is the RDS 003 from Yonex. It's the exact weight you're looking for, 11.1 oz strung. Very good balance of power and control, big sweetspot.