PDA

View Full Version : Customer with Bad TE, suggestions?

crazytennis
08-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys.

phucng_10
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes you should. I mean for a Tennis Player with a Bad TE, he's going to need to use something else rather then a Babolat. He might want to look toward Volkl's since their stiffness are pretty low and their racquets are pretty good.

Bud
08-02-2008, 04:48 PM
A guy came to me today to string his racquet. He uses a Pure Drive Roddick Cortex and says he's had bad TE. He gave me Gamma syn gut to string his racquet with. What should I do about this ? Should I advise him that he should look into other racquets as the stiffness rating for the racquet is 70. Any suggestion would be great.
Thanks.

Show him the PK Ki5.

hoodjem
08-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Suggest X-1 BiPhase too.

feyya
08-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Show him the PK Ki5.

+1 (10 chars.)

goldenyama
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Any flexible players frame with nat gut or a good multi would do.

How bout a Fischer MPro no1 SL, its very flexy and you can get em cheap as brand new now, 98 or 105 head size.

Wilson K-Gut or Kirschbaum Touch Multi for the string.

s7evin
08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Gut @ 21/19 my stringer has minor te and it has gone now...

Go Tennis
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Rest the minimum of 3 months without play.

roundiesee
08-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I would second Bud's recommendation- the Ki5 or Ki5X from PK; the kinetic technology seems to work well for sufferers of TE.

drakulie
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Rule out his technique before you offer changes in equipment that won't help eliminte the problem.

Suggest to him to take a few lessons with a pro to rule out bad technique first.

Alafter
08-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Rule out his technique before you offer changes in equipment that won't help eliminte the problem.

Suggest to him to take a few lessons with a pro to rule out bad technique first.

Actually we should have a couple of strokes category. For each category, we name the best racquet we can think of.

So even crappy strokes deserves the best for crappy strokes!

fuzz nation
08-04-2008, 04:37 AM
I didn't see a mention of what type of string the customer had in the PDR, but a pal of mine (former college player with big 1hbh) has used that frame for a while. He sampled some poly in his, blew up his elbow, and had to take a little time off. After rest and therapy he was ready to start playing again and when he found out that I also do stringing, he asked me to put natural gut in his frames (VS Touch 16, 61 lbs.). After several months, he has no new symptoms and he really loves the performance of the gut. Before dumping the racquet, your customer might want to consider this route.

Otherwise, the technique check makes sense, but there are also friendlier frames out there, too. The ProKennex technology has make a real difference for some players and your customer might also want to look into the Pure Storms from Babolat since they're softer and should have a familiar grip feel.