PDA

View Full Version : why the difference in sole durability between barricades and triands

tennispal
08-03-2008, 08:36 AM
adidas claim that the soles are all made of adidwear 6. so why the difference?

FreshStew
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
the price tag

bookem
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Having used both (Tirands for teaching and BIIs-BVs for competition), there's a huge difference in tread life. As background, I play on hard court, all-court game, approx 20 hrs/week.

That said, Tirand soles are a bit softer and don't have as much grip as the BVs. Uppers are similar, big difference is sole, ergo the difference in price. I'd estimate Tirands last about 40-50% as long as the regular Bs.

Hope this helps..

dr325i
08-03-2008, 06:11 PM
None of the replies above answered the question -- why.
Having played with both I'd have to say that the sole on Barricades is definitely thicker, and feels stronger. I am not sure if there are different levels/grades of adidwear 6? You can also see that in the weight difference.
Also, the Barricades have added stability features that enforce the soles and make them more durable in specific (high wear) situations.

Just my guess...

forehand2theface
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
tirands have no lateral or arch support. those stripes on the barricades actually give you support, i would say the tirands are foam wrapped in cloth, the tirands are absolutely the worst shoes dont bother, spend the money, be happy