PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of n00Bie Questions About Bulking Up

Magix
08-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Here comes a couple of n00bie questions...

I've been wanting to build up (you know, add some mass and muscle onto me), and I just wanted to know the best exercises for it are.

I'm attempting to build up my arms and chest, as they're the slightest parts on me. So, guys. What are the best exercises to do?

Oh, and here's another n00b like question.

I'm not the biggest fan of the powdered protein stuff. I mean, it's convineant (sp) and it doesn't taste too bad, but I'd rather stick with the "animal" proteins, you know.

So what are the best sources of protein, and, if it makes any difference, what is the best source of protein (besides the shakes) to have after a workout?

Thanks, guys!

River Hill
08-04-2008, 05:33 AM
If you don't like the shake eat lots of Tuna. It is cheap and has lots of protein.

Lift low reps and lift heavy.

WildVolley
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Eggs are actually a good source of protein. I used to cook up a bunch of hard boiled eggs and eat them either before or after a workout.

For general bulking, exercises that use large muscle groups will be the most successful. If you do bench presses, make certain to also do rowing exercises and pullups. I think that the squat is still the best exercise for building overall strength and helping in bulking.

cncretecwbo
08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
if you really want to get "big" or whatever, buy the book Starting Strength, by mark rippetoe, do what it says and drink 1 gallon of whole milk a day.

whey protein is cheaper per gram of protein than any food, just fyi. but all meats are good. dairy is great too.