PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else wear their tennis shoes for everyday wear as well?

TheShaun
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I've been wearing my cages all the time lately. Comfy and look good with jeans or shorts.

I can't be alone, can I?...

yodudedudeyo
08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I used to wear my blue adidas climacools for regular wear, but then i was afraid of wearing them for what i really needed them for, tennis.

slice bh compliment
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't. Just on the way to and from tennis. And sometimes not even that.

Casually, I wear indoor soccer shoes, sandals, slides, flipflops, Birkenstocks, Keens, Crocs, running shoes and this one pr of B0rns my wife got me.

I try to save the Babolats for the court.

I do wear a pr of worn-out Propulses with jeans sometimes, though.

zidane339
08-04-2008, 04:27 PM
I wear my Cages from time to time, but I try not to wear them out.

Il Mostro
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Never. But it looks like my Ascendor's SLT's have made their way to casual show status since I have moved to shoes with more structure and support for the courts. They do feel like overkill for just walking around, which I think is a good thing for my feet. Definitely more shoe than my Nike Air Edge x-trainers.

zacinnc78
08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
no ,my t9 roadsters sound like i have clogging shoes or high heels on when i walk across a hardwood floor lol ...i imagine alot of the more durable shoes have this problem

scraps234
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
ye i do wear my barricades for everyday wear aswell but mostly wear my other shoes

nn
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
all the time tennis shoes. I can't stand anything else apart from tennis shoes since I bought them cheap..like Nike BFIII for $35 & Adidas Barricade III.

volusiano
08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
I would imagine at some point when your tennis shoes are no longer good enough for tennis (worn treadwear, worn cushioning), one wouldn't just toss them in the trash, but probably keep them around for casual wear. As long as you haven't put a hole in the sole or anything like that. They may not hold for tennis, but they can probably hold just fine for casual wear.

Booyah
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
No, I'm afraid I'll kill the durability instead of using them for the court. I always beat up the soles in 2 months.

krprunitennis2
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Only if they're as cexy as the black Barricade Vs or the Black Vapor IVs or the Blue/White Asics....

:( too bad I don't have much money

Infl8edEg0
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
heck yeah. tennis shoes ftw!!! haha. either my tennis shoes or flip-flops

[ GTR ]
08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I would imagine at some point when your tennis shoes are no longer good enough for tennis (worn treadwear, worn cushioning), one wouldn't just toss them in the trash, but probably keep them around for casual wear. As long as you haven't put a hole in the sole or anything like that. They may not hold for tennis, but they can probably hold just fine for casual wear.

Yep, that's what I do. If you wore your new tennis shoes casually, wouldn't the outer back side of the shoe be worn out from just walking? Because my tennis shoes wear out on the front areas from being on my toes, while my school shoes or any other shoes that I just walk with, the outer back parts wear out quickest..

Vermillion
08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I don't. Just on the way to and from tennis. And sometimes not even that.

Casually, I wear indoor soccer shoes, sandals, slides, flipflops, Birkenstocks, Keens, Crocs, running shoes and this one pr of B0rns my wife got me.

I try to save the Babolats for the court.

I do wear a pr of worn-out Propulses with jeans sometimes, though.

Your wife has good taste, sir.

Born Sandals = thumbs up.

I just got some doctor scholls sandals though, they are nice as well.

I'm gellin' as they say it.

I wear my tennis shoes when I play tennis and when I go to the gym. That's about it.

Otherwise, it's sandals all the way!!

goldenhawktennis
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
No, for one i already wear my tennis shoes out fast enough just playing, if i wore them everyday they'd have holes in no time, and second imo barricades dont look good wit jeans, its all about vans authentics ha

MTChong
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I used to wear my blue adidas climacools for regular wear, but then i was afraid of wearing them for what i really needed them for, tennis.

I do that with my black Barricade IVs. So I ordered another pair. The first ones are wearing down quickly now that I've been playing more

benne
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I wear my white and gold vapor 5's all the time, i've broken out all my other shoes, only 2 vapors remain

ezdude1970
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
i only wear tennis shoes on the court, they are too heavy and too much glove fit to wear them anywhere else.

Blade0324
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I only wear my tennis shoes for tennis. When the cushioning or tread wears out they go in the trash and a new pair comes out. I usually have 2-3 pair in rotation at a time. I have about 30 other pairs of shoes that are not for tennis that I can wear away from the courts.

Aeropro master
08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I like wearing the cages outside of tennis too. They look nice and many people ask me where i got the shoes because the black and orange stand out compared to most white shoes.

ojingoh
08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I never wear my current tennis shoes off court. I play on public courts, which are pretty crummy to begin with traction-wise. I can definitely feel the slippery effects of asphalt, street residue etc when I'm on the court. I had a pair of Breathe Free IIs, they got pretty useless towards the end of their service life. Basically if they stop squeaking, they're too greasy.

psb1nxt7
08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I wear my old cages. Its funny because alot of people like them and say they have never seen them. One of my friends who doesn't even play tennis bought a pair.

maximo
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
i wear my mine only occasionally, not as comfortable as my casual shoes.

Bad Dog
08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I do that with my black Barricade IVs. So I ordered another pair. The first ones are wearing down quickly now that I've been playing more

Agreed. Black Barricade IV great with jeans. And even with a blazer.

SempreSami
08-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Agreed. Black Barricade IV great with jeans. And even with a blazer.

I find anything with mesh to look silly as casual wear, which is why I wear adidas Superstars/Gazelles.

goosala
08-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I only wear my tennis shoes for tennis. The rest of the time I wear Birkenstock Boston clogs for casual wear. Of course, the Asics Gel Resolutions are very comfortable.