PDA

View Full Version : Apparel Sponsors and Player’s Entourage?

crashbuilder
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Just got to thinking; do player’s clothing contracts stipulate that their entire entourage (coach, trainer etc.) be similarly dressed? Or is it simply a matter of “I get free clothes …. here have some"

babolat15
08-05-2008, 07:12 AM
probably the latter

Tecnifibre_Rackets
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
As I have heard when a pro gets signed to a contract so does their coach, or trainer also. Since the pro players get a lot of free clothes they could just give away wht they don't want when playing a match.

JW10S
08-06-2008, 07:13 AM
As I have heard when a pro gets signed to a contract so does their coach, or trainer also. Since the pro players get a lot of free clothes they could just give away wht they don't want when playing a match.Not always is the player's coach included in the clothing contract. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. Plus the are many instances where the coach will have their own contract with a company different from that of the player.

Lleytian3
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Not always is the player's coach included in the clothing contract. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. Plus the are many instances where the coach will have their own contract with a company different from that of the player.

Actually this is rarely the case. It makes sense that when a player signs with a sponsor, for example adidas, we see that that player entire enoturage wears that type of clothing. We can see Djokovic and his adidas apparel, with almost his entire enoturage wearing the adidas shirts.

do not mistaken that just cause they have free clothes to just wear it. the sponsors have strict stipulations to what kind of clothes the player and the player enoturage wears.

You will never see a player wearing prince and his coach wearing nike. Rarely that would be the case. sponsors typically make the player and entourage wear that brand or wear no brand at all. for example, suits and stuff like that.

maximo
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
During Wimbledon, i remember seeing Andy Murray's coach and he was wearing an adidas shirt even though andy is sponsored by Fred Perry.

JW10S
08-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Actually this is rarely the case. It makes sense that when a player signs with a sponsor, for example adidas, we see that that player entire enoturage wears that type of clothing. We can see Djokovic and his adidas apparel, with almost his entire enoturage wearing the adidas shirts.

do not mistaken that just cause they have free clothes to just wear it. the sponsors have strict stipulations to what kind of clothes the player and the player enoturage wears.

You will never see a player wearing prince and his coach wearing nike. Rarely that would be the case. sponsors typically make the player and entourage wear that brand or wear no brand at all. for example, suits and stuff like that.Marat Safin wears Adidas. His coach, Hernan Gumy, wears Fila. Andreas Stoppini wears Australian--his coach wears TTK. Daniella Hantuchova wears Nike--her coach wears TTK. Robby Ginepri wears Under Armour--his coach wears Nike and has for years. Federer's former coach Tony Roche used to be seen in Fed's box wearing Fila. As stated above, Andy Murray wears Fred Perry--his coach does not. When Brad Gilbert coached Murray he wore a Nike kit, not Fred Perry. I could go on and on. That there are 'strict stipulations to what kind of clothes...the player's entourage wears' is simply not true. While it is true that some of the higher profile player's coaches also wear the same clothes because they will on TV a lot it is not true across the board. As I said above, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

baseline08thrasher
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Could be some sort of way of intimidation, or maybe it's because he has alot of clothes from the same clothing line.
Could be anything really.