PDA

View Full Version : Specs and availability of Dunlop Maxply McEnroe

tkoets
01-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I see that TW is advertising this new Dunlop in the March edition of Tennis Magazine. Do you have any preliminary specs for this new frame? Has anyone at TW hit with it, and if so, any initial impressions? When will you'll be posting it on your site and what is expected delivery? Thanks!

TW Staff
01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Head Size:98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Construction:21 mm Straight Beam
Composition: Hot Melt Graphite
Strung Weight:11.3 ounces / 320 grams
Power Level: Low-Medium
Babolat Racquet Diagnostic Center (RDC) Data:
Stiffness: 68 (0-100)
Inertia: 327 (200-400)
Stroke Style: Full
Swing Speed: Moderate-Fast
Balance: 3pts Head Light
Racquet Color: N/A
Grip Type: Leather
String Tension:
55-65 pounds
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,8H
One Piece
No shared holes

Very easy racquet to use. Plays with more weight and stability than I expected when looking at the specs. Offers a moderate amount of power and good control and feel. Easy to swing, so easy to generate topspin on groundies and serves. I would say a similar racquet would be the Babolat Pure Storm Team Standard.
Due here 3/1. Might be available for pre-order two-weeks prior depending on manufacturer's policy.

Chris, TW.

tkoets
01-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the detailed information, Chris. I like the retro look. Am a bit surprised that it has such a high RDC flex value given that McEnroe likes more flexible racquets and he is endorsing this frame. Still, I've hit with the Bab Storm MP and thought it was a pretty nice hitting stick, so I'll have to give this one a try.

Does the Dunlop have much in the way of handle feedback or is it pretty muted?

Thanks again!