PDA

View Full Version : Does Under Armour brand ever go on sale?

volusiano
08-06-2008, 02:41 AM
I've never seen Under Armour brand clothing goes on sale myself. So I'm just curious to see if anybody else has.

I see almost all other brands (Adidas and Nike included) on clearance at stores before, but never Under Armour. Even when a store has a discount coupon, it never applies to Under Armour item.

Do they have a different business model than everyone else? What do they do with clothes that don't sell?

River Hill
08-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Very rarely, but it does.

Spatula
08-06-2008, 05:04 AM
The only place where UA items are "marked down" that I've seen is at UA Outlet stores, and it's not by much. Occassionally I've seen very odd sizes (XXXL) on clearance racks @ Sports Authority.

I don't buy much UA. Can't justify more money for the same thing in Nike/Adidas essentially.

hollywood9826
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM
I know a store that gives $10 gift certifcates for every 50 bucks spent. But the closets to sale I have seen for UA. I didnt know they had outlet stores. andliving close to Baltimore (Home of UA) I should be more alert and notice these things.

xtrakewl
08-06-2008, 05:51 AM
i saw ua on sale once
it was thosr hoodies

Spatula
08-06-2008, 05:52 AM
I know a store that gives $10 gift certifcates for every 50 bucks spent. But the closets to sale I have seen for UA. I didnt know they had outlet stores. andliving close to Baltimore (Home of UA) I should be more alert and notice these things.

there is an outlet in the WIlliamsburg Prime outlets....not sure about other ones.....

hollywood9826
08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Also Hargerstown MD, Leesburg VA.

Also Curtis Bay MD.

heres the list of em all :)

http://www.uabiz.com/shopua/factoryhouses.cfm

Gmedlo
08-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Under Armor products pretty much sell themselves in the U.S., no need to lower the price usually.

pNoyr3D
08-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I agree with Gmedlo... Football players and baseball players are the main buyers. I believe they basically take those off the racks.

goober
08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
They do go on sale on the internet but not that often and their sales prices are still the same as the regular prices for other brands.

They also do go on sale sometimes at big chain sports stores and sometimes pop up at Ross/Marshalls type places.

But I really don't have any of their clothing line other than some socks which were cheaper than Thorlos and high end Nike stuff.

lacoster
08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
They also do go on sale sometimes at big chain sports stores and sometimes pop up at Ross/Marshalls type places.

But I really don't have any of their clothing line other than some socks which were cheaper than Thorlos and high end Nike stuff.

Their overstock is always popping up at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc. The company is also growing and aggressively opening up more outlet stores for the next three fiscal years.

Il Mostro
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I could care less. I am happy to pay full-bore. The UA underwear (not the compression shorts) is the best thing since sliced bread. I have several of all 3 lengths. The "minimalist" ones are the next best thing to playing naked. I am even wearing these with suits. *Highly* recommended and a bargain at $20 a pair.

volusiano
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I could care less. I am happy to pay full-bore. The UA underwear (not the compression shorts) is the best thing since sliced bread. I have several of all 3 lengths. The "minimalist" ones are the next best thing to playing naked. I am even wearing these with suits. *Highly* recommended and a bargain at $20 a pair.

Wow, $20/pair? The cheapest I've seen UA underwear is around $25/pair. Most are around $30 to $35 on the longer lengths. Oh, but I'm talking about compression shorts and you're not.

Sports Authority sent me some discount coupons in the mail today that finally don't exclude UA items. So I went and got me 3 pairs of compression underwear tonight for 25% off. I just tried on a pair for a 5K run on the treadmill tonight. They're indeed very comfortable.