PDA

View Full Version : Why does Nole still... ?

Dubbie
08-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Why does Novak Djokovic still carry around his old red Wilson bag which he used in 07. In matches he has his new kBlade bag, but why does he sometimes carry around his red one to practices??

( http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=97c2b15fd2bfa2976c4b58f189998bc7-getty-81973004me014_olympics_prev&prov=getty )

Big-Serve
08-07-2008, 04:21 AM
maybe because he like this bag...

0d1n
08-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Why does it matter???

The Earth will start spinning in the opposite direction if we don't find the answer to this question.
This will soon cause an apocalypse and the end of the world will be upon us.

Dubbie
08-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I was just wondering... Do you people always have to be like "Oh he wants to be just exactly like Novak" or "He wants to know this because he is oppsessed" or something? Novak is my favorite player, yes I want to just as successful as him. So take your stupid little comments, and shove them up your big hairy A-Hole

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry, but Novak's success has nothing to do with his bag.

And I doubt you'll be as successful as Novak even if you used the same bag. Hate to break the news to you but that's just the way it is.

Dubbie
08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
I was just wondering... Do you people always have to be like "Oh he wants to be just exactly like Novak" or "He wants to know this because he is oppsessed" or something? Novak is my favorite player, yes I want to just as successful as him. So take your stupid little comments, and shove them up your big hairy A-Hole

I am saying that I just wanted to know why he was still carrying that, and not his new kBlade one. And when I say I want to be as successful as him, when people are saying "why do you want to know? you want to be just like him?" My answer is Yes. I do want to be just like him, just as successful. And look above, I bolded "I was just wondering" Hey BreakPoint, I'm guessing you didnt see that when you said your equipment wont make you play like him.

Satch
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
because Wilson had paid him to do so... simpe as that.

Dubbie
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank you for an actual answer.

StunLock
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Why all the smart@ss replies? How is OP's question different from 'what racquet does Fed use' 'what pj does Nadal use'? Ever wonder what a 'pro's gear forum' is for? Are those who want to find out Fed's real racquet going to be as successful as Fed?

roger nadal
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
he has that bag because he is in china he might use the red bag 4 the olympics

BreakPoint
Why all the smart@ss replies? How is OP's question different from 'what racquet does Fed use' 'what pj does Nadal use'? Ever wonder what a 'pro's gear forum' is for? Are those who want to find out Fed's real racquet going to be as successful as Fed?
Don't you think your racquet contributes a bit more to how well you play than your bag does?

roger nadal
hahahahahahaha

StunLock
08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Don't you think your racquet contributes a bit more to how well you play than your bag does?

Sure. And pj contributes just as much, if not more. Thus the discussions.

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Sure. And pj contributes just as much, if not more. Thus the discussions.
The paintjob discussions are to try and determine what racquet a pro is really using underneath the paintjob because as we all know a racquet affects your game more than a bag does.

StunLock
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
The paintjob discussions are to try and determine what racquet a pro is really using underneath the paintjob because as we all know a racquet affects your game more than a bag does.

and the shirt/shorts discussions, the shoe/shoe pj discussions, butt-picking, etc etc... dont you think these discussions make the forum a lot more fun?

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
and the shirt/shorts discussions, the shoe/shoe pj discussions, butt-picking, etc etc... dont you think these discussions make the forum a lot more fun?
Shoes definitely have more of an effect on how well you play than your bag does. I would even say your shirts and shorts can have an effect on your play. You bag though? Absolutely no effect.

FreshStew
08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
you should be asking:

Why is Nole still wearing that outfit?

ogruskie
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Maybe in the new bag he has a batch of racquets strung a certain way, and the red bag contains racquets with different strings used exclusively for practice, or something like that?

StunLock
08-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Shoes definitely have more of an effect on how well you play than your bag does. I would even say your shirts and shorts can have an effect on your play. You bag though? Absolutely no effect.

But if your bag (or anything) gives you some psychological effect, wouldnt you say that affects your game the most?

Why wouldnt Sampras use different pj?

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 03:01 PM
But if your bag (or anything) gives you some psychological effect, wouldnt you say that affects your game the most?

Why wouldnt Sampras use different pj?
Sampras didn't feel right about fooling the public. He also claimed he could feel the weight difference between paintjobs. He also just liked black racquets and is used to playing with one.

If you're thinking about your bag while you're playing tennis....then I think your bag is the least of your worries.

Gabs011
08-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Breakpoint - despite the fact that your post count is reaching 20,000, that does not give you the right to talk down to everyone in every single thread on this board.

Nearly every time I read or post a thread you post one of your uninformative posts just to make the person feel stupid for asking the question in the first place. If you post then how about adding something constructive and non-offensive for a change.

The span of your knowledge goes roughly as far as the K90, Federer and the Pro Staff 95. Yet, you insist on posting in every thread that you cannot add something positive to. People like this annoy me....how about you start encouraging people, posting helpful & polite remarks and generally being nice for a change....

Now you're probably gonna spend ages thinking up some insightful post to counterargue everything I just said and make it seem like I am the stupid one. But you never used to be like this a while ago....just remember that.....

Dubbie
08-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Breakpoint - despite the fact that your post count is reaching 20,000, that does not give you the right to talk down to everyone in every single thread on this board.

Nearly every time I read or post a thread you post one of your uninformative posts just to make the person feel stupid for asking the question in the first place. If you post then how about adding something constructive and non-offensive for a change.

The span of your knowledge goes roughly as far as the K90, Federer and the Pro Staff 95. Yet, you insist on posting in every thread that you cannot add something positive to. People like this annoy me....how about you start encouraging people, posting helpful & polite remarks and generally being nice for a change....

Now you're probably gonna spend ages thinking up some insightful post to counterargue everything I just said and make it seem like I am the stupid one. But you never used to be like this a while ago....just remember that.....

Gabs, that was one of the greatest posts I've ever read.

Noveson
08-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Gabs, hundreds(probably more like 50 or so) of posters on this board have tried to do what you just did(including me), and I think you are the only one that actually penned a well thought out response.

Breakpoint, obviously you are one of the more knowledgeable people on this board, why not help?

saremile
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
i don't think BreakPoint can help the OP on this one. It's really preference or obligation. Or maybe the guy has a fetish with the particular bag. Who knows.

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Breakpoint, obviously you are one of the more knowledgeable people on this board, why not help?

i don't think BreakPoint can help the OP on this one. It's really preference or obligation. Or maybe the guy has a fetish with the particular bag. Who knows.
Exactly! The OP is asking a question that obviously none of us here can answer because none of us here are Novak Djokovic.

Like they say - "Ask a dumb question....get a......."

BreakPoint
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Hmmm....and exactly how did you help the OP with his question or add to this thread with your post? :-?

bab pure drive roddick
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
he wants to be like federer....duh. lol

feyya
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry, but Novak's success has nothing to do with his bag.

And I doubt you'll be as successful as Novak even if you used the same bag. Hate to break the news to you but that's just the way it is.

Take your Tour 90 out of your arse and say something polite.

BreakPoint
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Take your Tour 90 out of your arse and say something polite.
OK, I just took it out. Would you like to lick it off now? :roll:

How can you take seriously someone who is so concerned about someone else's bag and who thinks a bag will make him "as successful as Novak"?

feyya
08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
OK, I just took it out. Would you like to lick it off now? :roll:

How can you take seriously someone who is so concerned about someone else's bag and who thinks a bag will make him "as successful as Novak"?

He doesnt think a bag will make him sucessful, he just asked a question about novak carrying it.

BreakPoint
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
He doesnt think a bag will make him sucessful, he just asked a question about novak carrying it.
You'd be wrong:
Novak is my favorite player, yes I want to just as successful as him.

And when I say I want to be as successful as him, when people are saying "why do you want to know? you want to be just like him?" My answer is Yes. I do want to be just like him, just as successful.

feyya
08-08-2008, 08:32 PM
You'd be wrong:

No, you'd be wrong. He said he like to be as sucessful as him, yes. And he also said that he would like to have the same equipment as him. But in no way did he say the bag would improve his performance.

BreakPoint
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
No, you'd be wrong. He said he like to be as sucessful as him, yes. And he also said that he would like to have the same equipment as him. But in no way did he say the bag would improve his performance.
Then why did he keep saying that he wanted to be "just like Novak" and be "as succesful as Novak" when answering why he wants to know what bag Novak is carrying? :confused:

You can put 2 and 2 together, right?

Hidious
08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Why does Novak Djokovic still carry around his old red Wilson bag which he used in 07. In matches he has his new kBlade bag, but why does he sometimes carry around his red one to practices??

If you wanted to point out that Novak still carries around his old red Wilson bag which he used in 07, well done, good eye. But to ask why he carries it, i'm afraid that's going to be hard to figure out. I'll second Big-Serve on this one:
maybe because he like this bag...

RJYU
08-08-2008, 10:35 PM
He's carrying the red bag at the Olympics because of the Olympic rules concerning the size of logos on all bags. If you notice, all the players at he Olympics have very small manufacturers' logos on their racquet bags. As far as I know, Wilson has only made one or two racquet bag designs for the Olympics, and Novak's usual color scheme is not one of them.

Dubbie
08-09-2008, 07:51 AM
He's carrying the red bag at the Olympics because of the Olympic rules concerning the size of logos on all bags. If you notice, all the players at he Olympics have very small manufacturers' logos on their racquet bags. As far as I know, Wilson has only made one or two racquet bag designs for the Olympics, and Novak's usual color scheme is not one of them.

Thank you very much.

Dubbie
08-09-2008, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Dubbie;2593223]I am saying that I just wanted to know why he was still carrying that, and not his new kBlade one. And when I say I want to be as successful as him, when people are saying "why do you want to know? you want to be just like him?" My answer is Yes. I do want to be just like him, just as successful.

feyya
08-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Then why did he keep saying that he wanted to be "just like Novak" and be "as succesful as Novak" when answering why he wants to know what bag Novak is carrying? :confused:

You can put 2 and 2 together, right?

Ya, i can. But you seem to be over reacting to a simple question.

Racquet Man
08-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Ron, you don't post often but I think we all have gained more from your posts than from a G.O.A.T.!!! Thanks for sharing your useful insights with us and for once again putting to rest some of the inane drivel that has been spewed in these threads which includes the obnoxious cr*p spewed in this thread until your post.:)

LafayetteHitter
08-09-2008, 11:55 AM
He carries that one to see if anyone on the boards would notice.

Dubbie
08-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Looks like somone noticed.