PDA

View Full Version : Donald Youngs Racket Info..

fstop
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I WENT TO IMG BOLLETTIERI FOR 3 YEARS AND DONALD young WOULD COME EVERY 2 MONTHS FOR A COUPLE WEEKS..ANYWAYS..HES ACTUALYL USING THE I.PRSTIGE WITH A LM RADICAL PAINTJOB..WE PRACTICED TOGETHER AND HE TOLD ME THIS AND THAT HEAD CUSTOMIZES HIS RACKET TO BE THE SAME AS THE OLD I. PRESTIGE..I HIT WITH IT ONE DAY AND IT FEELS SO DIFFERNET FROM THE LM RADICAL..JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW..

PHILIP BESTER AS WELL...THOSE OF YOU WHO MAY NOT KNOW HIM, HE IS FROM CANADA AND TRAINS AT BOLLETTIERI AS WELL..SEMIS OF ORANGE BOWL U16..WILSON ADDES WEIGHTS INSIDE HIS FRAME FOR HIM ..SO I JUST THOT IT IS CRAZY THAT THESE 15 YEAR OLDS ARE GETTING CUSTOM RACKETS..WELL THERE YOU GO

tricky nicky
01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
I should imagine that anyone wanting a business relationship with Donald young would be willing to satisfy his every whim.

on the chance he fulfills his potential.

and is responsible in future for millions of dollars of racquet sales.

bit more money for the journeymen pros would be nice though.

eeking out a living on the futures trying to break through under intollerable pressure cant be that nice an experience.

david aames
01-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I remember pictures published in Tennis Week last summer of him posing with a LM Prestige paintjob... He just recently went back to the Radical PJ or whatever it is.

But what you describe is a recent development since he has been playing with an oversize frame for some time before that... Had to be a Radical.

Greg
01-28-2005, 05:33 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/505907/caps.jpg

eric
01-28-2005, 08:08 PM
fstop, how did you like IMG Bollettieri full-time? Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance,

er1c

fstop
01-28-2005, 09:45 PM
it really depends on how u view tennis and how much passion..i loved the life stile in florida where school was a few hours and tennis for so much..but at times it was really tiring and the dorm life was not as fun.more of a secure area..im more of a guy who likes to have fun and meet people etc..juss being honest. hehe. u have to make sure u impress the coaches so that u get into a good training group etc..its either you love it there or u hate it there..\my goal was to get a div 1 scholarship and it came thru..

its really hard for me to express my feelings on IMG....therse so much i can say...i can anser ure specific questions if u want to..id be happy to anser them for you

eric
01-30-2005, 09:50 AM
I was wondering about stuff like: getting coached by the good coaches, individual attention, how much more you improved compared to at home, what improves the most (competitiveness?), the academics etc.

Thanks

Andy Zarzuela
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
it really depends on how u view tennis and how much passion..i loved the life stile in florida where school was a few hours and tennis for so much..but at times it was really tiring and the dorm life was not as fun.more of a secure area..im more of a guy who likes to have fun and meet people etc..juss being honest. hehe. u have to make sure u impress the coaches so that u get into a good training group etc..its either you love it there or u hate it there..\my goal was to get a div 1 scholarship and it came thru..

its really hard for me to express my feelings on IMG....therse so much i can say...i can anser ure specific questions if u want to..id be happy to anser them for you

Yeah I agree. I trained for a few weeks this summer and I had MIXED feelings about it. I went to the Bradenton one. They are so obsessed with Sharapova....that's all Nick talked about and not to mention the ridiculus number of posters and name platers of her on campus. We even had one in our dorm! I had lousy roomates, with the exception of 2 twins that I got along with. They placed me in the wrong group at the beginning....I belonged in the State/Sectional....then we played matches and I hit better than some of the "national" players. My strokes were so hard hit in round robin that they moved me up towards the end of the week. I hated the running, but I knew it's good for me. Unfortunately, it rained quite a bit towards the end, which sucked. I wouldn't go back unless I had a good friend to room with. The counsellors were very nice, but they couldn't stop the mischief that was caused by many of the kids with issues! One of my twin friends, $150 sneakers were stollen by these Puerto Rican kids. A bunch of South American groupies were a bunch of bitc***s....they cussed at me and took advantage of me and ganged up on me in the computer lab, where I patiently waited for a computer for an 1hr. to write home. They said "Who is this Fu**er". Like I said I will never go again unless I have a good friend with me....
________
Honda crf 80 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CRF80)