PDA

View Full Version : My New APDC's and Aero Bag!

Harry24
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Just got these in yesterday and have not yet taken the plastic of the handles!:twisted:ha I finally decided on this racquet(my thread is in signature). I threw my shoes in ther with the pics cause it completed it ha(nadals equipment). If you have any babolat racquets, bags, etc. please post some pics along with mine.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3954/dsc00224xq4.jpg

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1087/dsc00227wp5.jpg

Serpententacle
08-07-2008, 03:02 PM
A little workout and plastic surgery and you can BE JUST LIKE RAFA!!!!

Better idea. Why don't you challenge him for his spot?

Harry24
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
A little workout and plastic surgery and you can BE JUST LIKE RAFA!!!!

Better idea. Why don't you challenge him for his spot?
Just a little haha. Yeah but I really didnt buy all this because rafa uses it(although he is my favorite player). I bought the shoes back in may and bought the bag a week before I got the racquets. Its awesome how it worked out ha.

zidane339
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Bags looking good Harry, glad I could help you come to a decision.How do you like it so far? Was my short comments correct?

babolatchaznike
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I will post as soon as i can. I have the exact same stuff you have only my shoes are the gold and green cages.

ace94
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
nice i have two of the old aeropro drives and the green breathe cages

phucng_10
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Looks great! Congrats on getting them!

B-rian
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
sexy looking racquet and bags

Il Mostro
08-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Congratulations and good luck Harry -- I know you have been looking at these for a while

m1stuhxsp4rk5
08-08-2008, 12:08 AM
you have to string it up with pro supex big ace the yellow looks awesome with the racket and plays great with it as well

coolblue123
08-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Wow!!! Nice set of tennis gear! I bet that cost a pretty penny.

Go Tennis
08-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Good stuff. Now you need to get a beatifull spanish girlfriend like him: Maria Francisca. And practice, at least, 2 hours a day. With the rakets and with the girl...

Passingshot
08-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Maybe later today I will post my apdcs, they are strung with full big ace yellow.

Harry24
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Bags looking good Harry, glad I could help you come to a decision.How do you like it so far? Was my short comments correct?

Thanks I think so too. I've forgetten what your comments were, sorry. Where did you post them?

Harry24
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I will post as soon as i can. I have the exact same stuff you have only my shoes are the gold and green cages.

Im looking forward to seing everybody's equipment etc. The gold and green ones? Those are the Cage I's arent they?

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
nice i have two of the old aeropro drives and the green breathe cages

I also have an old APD+. Its awesome to have rafas equipment, I just wish I could play half as good as he does ha.

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Congratulations and good luck Harry -- I know you have been looking at these for a while

I sure have about 3 months worth of demoing, posting, etc. Thanks for all the help with random racquets ha. And thanks to everybody that answered any of the many questions I had.

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
you have to string it up with pro supex big ace the yellow looks awesome with the racket and plays great with it as well

Im thinking about trying polyfibre TCS, maybe? But yeah I agree I have the xcel full in one, and pro hurricane tour/xcel in the other bot at 58. The PHT looks sweet in this racquet but I want to try it as a full setup, ill just have to wait till I pop a string.

wyutani
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
im jealous. seriously.

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow!!! Nice set of tennis gear! I bet that cost a pretty penny.

Ha you bet it did. I didnt get any discounts whatsoever except free string. Everything was retail cost.......but I saved up a long time for this and it paid off.

2nd_Serve
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Nice set. . . .

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Looks great! Congrats on getting them!
Thanks, I've been looking forward to it for a while.
Good stuff. Now you need to get a beatifull spanish girlfriend like him: Maria Francisca. And practice, at least, 2 hours a day. With the rakets and with the girl...
Haha I wish.
Vamos!!!!! Cant wait for rafa to take No. 1 finally.(August 18th according to SI)
Maybe later today I will post my apdcs, they are strung with full big ace yellow.
Hope you do, i want to see what big ace yellow looks like on APDCs. How long you been playing with the APDC?
im jealous. seriously.
Thanks ha, but dont be just save up for awhile and it all pays off. Now I get to sit back and play the best tennis I can cause I know I have the best racquet for me.

Harry24
08-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Nice set. . . .
Thanks, sorry I quadruple posted haha but I wanted to answer everybody.

Fedace
08-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Is that bag,, 6 pack or the 12 pack bag ? and you will be surprised how well that racket volleys..

Harry24
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Is that bag,, 6 pack or the 12 pack bag ? and you will be surprised how well that racket volleys..

it is the 12 pack sorry i didnt clarify. It looks smaller because I had just gotten it and it was stuffed in a box ha. And yeah I was really surprised how good touch is with this racquet, it seems like the cortex improved that a little for me, plus I went to the standard length from my original APD+.

Passingshot
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Alright here are my 2 apdc, my cage 1s and my kpro super six
http://i33.tinypic.com/2d4b4n.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the strings in the racket.
http://i38.tinypic.com/ru0ljt.jpg

feyya
08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
and here is a Kblade tour! LOL
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ihxs3o.jpg

Moz
08-09-2008, 10:45 AM
.......but I saved up a long time for this and it paid off.

Well done - all the more satisfying unwrapping them. I have the same bag and 5 APDC+'s. You can't be half-hearted on the volleys with them.

Harry24
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Alright here are my 2 apdc, my cage 1s and my kpro super six
http://i33.tinypic.com/2d4b4n.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the strings in the racket.
http://i38.tinypic.com/ru0ljt.jpg

Nice I like the yellow of course in the APDC. What kind of dampener is that on tour second pic and first pic? Did you buy your bag before you got and APDC? Or did you just like the wilson bag better?

Harry24
08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Well done - all the more satisfying unwrapping them. I have the same bag and 5 APDC+'s. You can't be half-hearted on the volleys with them.

It really does but it makes me scared to "break" em in so to speak. I've hit with both of em but Im alot more careful about where I lay bag or put down my racquet its kinda frustrating ha.

Passingshot
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Nice I like the yellow of course in the APDC. What kind of dampener is that on tour second pic and first pic? Did you buy your bag before you got and APDC? Or did you just like the wilson bag better?

The dampener is some luxlion damp I found...best one ive used, too bad I cant find any more. I did buy my bag before I got the apdcs. I got it when I still had my PDS.

Harry24
08-10-2008, 08:53 AM
The dampener is some luxlion damp I found...best one ive used, too bad I cant find any more. I did buy my bag before I got the apdcs. I got it when I still had my PDS.

I like the Babolat Custom Damps(which I just got in) but rubber bands are good with ANY racquet. I think all other dmapeners are only good with some racquets. I hate the shockbuster on my APD but I love it on my prince O3 Tour.:?
Also: why dosen't Tennis Warehouse sell Pro Supex? I cant find it?

Passingshot
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I like the Babolat Custom Damps(which I just got in) but rubber bands are good with ANY racquet. I think all other dmapeners are only good with some racquets. I hate the shockbuster on my APD but I love it on my prince O3 Tour.:?
Also: why dosen't Tennis Warehouse sell Pro Supex? I cant find it?

I have some customs damps I might try again. I used to use a westren grip and I had them fly off alot, recently switched to a semi and havent tried them yet. I dont know why they dont sell them but try s t r i n g s d e p o t p l u s. Also how do you like the aero bag? I was thinking of getting an aero backpack for when I go on vacation.

gloryofgreece
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Really nice set up!

Did you go one size down on the grip size, because the babolat grip size seem to be a touch big?

Harry24
08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I have some customs damps I might try again. I used to use a westren grip and I had them fly off alot, recently switched to a semi and havent tried them yet. I dont know why they dont sell them but try s t r i n g s d e p o t p l u s. Also how do you like the aero bag? I was thinking of getting an aero backpack for when I go on vacation.
So far I do like my Aero bag. It is not as roomy as I expected so definately get the 12pack if it is going to be your main bag. It holds three racquets each on the side compartmenets but barely and without racquet covers. You can hardly fit two racquets in one of em with covers. Overall its very sturdy but a little bulky feeling, although it dosent bother me at all really. It definately CANNOT hold four racquets in each side compartment, but i could with my prince bag. But this dosent bother me too much either as I only carry, at the most, five racquets.
Also, is the Pro Supex a poly?or co-poly?

Harry24
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Really nice set up!

Did you go one size down on the grip size, because the babolat grip size seem to be a touch big?

Actually, no my old APD+ was 3/8 so I just stuck with that one but if anything I would have gone down one as I really dont care for the 1/2.

mozzer
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Nice harry, how much did it all cost (if u dont mind me asking?)

do u have an email or contact info harry?

Harry24
08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Nice harry, how much did it all cost (if u dont mind me asking?)

do u have an email or contact info harry?
2X APDC= 390 roughly w/ tax(bought from a local dealer not TW)
Aero 12 Bag= 70
=roughly $460 + another 30 bucks for dampeners, socks, etc that I bought with my bag so total around $500(i know it is alot know that I see it) around 460 for bag and racquets though

email:hrw6223@hotmail.com

gloryofgreece
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
congrat on your new set up! How did you like ur new apdc? What is your rating btw?:shock:

gloryofgreece
08-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Actually, no my old APD+ was 3/8 so I just stuck with that one but if anything I would have gone down one as I really dont care for the 1/2.

What is your grip size for other brand of raquets? I am not sure whether I wanna get smaller grip a la nadal style.

What is your forehand grip btw?

Harry24
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
What is your grip size for other brand of raquets? I am not sure whether I wanna get smaller grip a la nadal style.

What is your forehand grip btw?My old prices are 1/2 but I hate that size in general. I never get a size bigger than 3/8 now, i want to try out 1/4.
My forehand grips is weird ha: its what federer does, I put the index of my pointer finger on the bevel between eastern and semi-western(the article is on tennis.com somewhere:-?). But I occasionaly go to a semi- western for high-bouncing balls or lobs.

congrat on your new set up! How did you like ur new apdc? What is your rating btw?
Im lovin it! of course!haha Im soooo glad I bought these two instead of two aero storm tours. My rating is 3.5 at best probably. Im not officially rated but thats an honest opinion 3.2-3.3 would be my exact rating ha.

Harry24
08-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Update(new pic): I took this and forgot to post it. Im very proud of this picture as it is all I use in one picture(2 APDCs, 1 APD+. Aero 12 pack):
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/997/dsc00230tk6.jpg

toyota817
08-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Looks Pretty Sweet Dude!!!!!

In)SpiRe
08-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Update(new pic): I took this and forgot to post it. Im very proud of this picture as it is all I use in one picture(2 APDCs, 1 APD+. Aero 12 pack):
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/997/dsc00230tk6.jpg

Just curious. Do you prefer the Cortex or Non-Cortex version, and what do you think the differences are between the frames?

Harry24
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Just curious. Do you prefer the Cortex or Non-Cortex version, and what do you think the differences are between the frames?

I actually prefer the cortex, slightly though. I really like the crisp feeling of cortex. I am one of those players that dosent want a whole lot of feedback or feel from my racquet just good pop. But I still love my old APD I just wish it wasnt the + version and it would be perfect.