PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Barricade Warranty Problem?

aldekeuk
08-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Anyone here ever had a problem in returning their Barricade IV sneakers under the 6-month warranty and the company NOT sending you a new pair with the argument that the outsole was not worn through?

And I am not looking for anyone who sent their sneakers in KNOWING the outsoles were not worn.

Thanks - Alan

tennispal
08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
did that happen to you? how much was worn out for yours? please give more info

aldekeuk
08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
hasn't happened yet but seeming to take a while since i sent the sneakers back and haven't received new ones yet (and they haven't cashed the check for return shipping that I sent.
outsoles were worn pretty well - not completely through but well worn. the reason i sent them in was more of a poor manufacturing job as SMALL pieces the outsole actually fell off (right at the edges in the heel part of the shoes) - probably a result of the heavy use of the sneakers.
anyway, was just asking as like i said it has been a while since i sent mine back.

sphinx780
08-08-2008, 07:53 AM
It took about 3 and a half weeks before I received a replacement about a year back now. Mine were completely worn through though. Just figured I'd give you a gauge of the time frame involved in my instance.

Bad Dog
08-08-2008, 09:07 AM
hasn't happened yet but seeming to take a while since i sent the sneakers back and haven't received new ones yet (and they haven't cashed the check for return shipping that I sent.
outsoles were worn pretty well - not completely through but well worn. the reason i sent them in was more of a poor manufacturing job as SMALL pieces the outsole actually fell off (right at the edges in the heel part of the shoes) - probably a result of the heavy use of the sneakers.
anyway, was just asking as like i said it has been a while since i sent mine back.

When I called Adidas, I was told that they are simply having a slight inventory delay, and that warranty replacement shoes would probably be shipped out by the end of this month (August). My understanding is that because summer is peak tennis season in the US, the Adidas inventory is currently low as they’ve been supplying all the tennis stores across the country.

pabletion
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
It took about 3 and a half weeks before I received a replacement about a year back now. Mine were completely worn through though. Just figured I'd give you a gauge of the time frame involved in my instance.

Man, how often do you play???? I bought two pairs of Barricades IV on Dec 2006.............. still got 'em