PDA

View Full Version : picking up balls is good exercise.

wyutani
08-08-2008, 06:55 PM
hey played a match wif a close friend a couple of days ago. he kinda brought like 800 balls in a basket. ho! its big. so we kinda hit the ball around. after many mistakes, all the balls are over the place.

its been an hour playing and im not even tired. when no balls are left in the basket, me and me mate went to pick the balls up. and boy, after the picking was finished i find myself exhausted. i dunno, but i getting a pain in my back now. i told me friend, "dude, picking up balls is great exercise"lolz. what do you think mate'?

Serve_Ace
08-08-2008, 08:23 PM
def, it increases arm strength, and back strength from bending down so much lol

Cindysphinx
08-09-2008, 12:56 AM
When my son has a lesson, I wander the court picking up the balls. I do lunges to pick up each one. It probably looks weird, but that's a lot of lunges over 45 minutes.

xtremerunnerars
08-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't bend your back to pick up tennis balls, especially that many. You'd probably get better exercise bending your knees anyways.

I'd invest in another mini hopper or something to pick up the balls. Personally, I kick them all into a spot and then just bend over 1 time and put them on my racquet.

Il Mostro
08-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Agreed that you won't get any real exercise and might just wind up killing your back. I herd the balls back to a corner of the court with my racquet (with the hopper nearby) and pick them up in one fell squat. :-)

autumn_leaf
08-09-2008, 07:59 PM
i don't think it is. just gives me a sore back.

sn1974
08-11-2008, 07:35 AM
not me... if i'm with my coach, i look forward to picking up the balls, i can finally catch my breath!

CHOcobo
08-11-2008, 07:54 AM
it's not good for your back.

DoubleWindsor
08-11-2008, 08:04 AM
your use of "kinda" makes me laugh, nothing bad, just funny

goober
08-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey wyutani, if you are looking for a good work out you can be my ball boy my next time I play tennis. :)

flash9
08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
When my son has a lesson, I wander the court picking up the balls. ... over 45 minutes.

It also means your son is getting a full 45 minutes of instruction, and not 30 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes of how to pickup tennis balls.

You need to convince him to come pickup while you use the ball machine in order to get the most of your time on the ball machine.

wyutani
08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey wyutani, if you are looking for a good work out you can be my ball boy my next time I play tennis. :)

thanks but no thanks dude. haha. i got enuf ball picking to last a life-time.

Cindysphinx
08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
It also means your son is getting a full 45 minutes of instruction, and not 30 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes of how to pickup tennis balls.

You need to convince him to come pickup while you use the ball machine in order to get the most of your time on the ball machine.

What ball machine?

He takes his lessons at a public park. There's nothing for me to do. Since the lessons cost me $1 per minute, 5 minutes picking up balls is $5 wasted, I say.

Besides, he doesn't pick up his own underwear, so how can I expect him to pick up tennis balls? :)

El Diablo
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Miserable for your back to bend repeatedly like that.....use the hopper.

Sentinel
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Besides, he doesn't pick up his own underwear, so how can I expect him to pick up tennis balls? :)

ROTFL !!! Joke of the day!

Bending repeatedly, not good for your back, OP, bend knees if possible, scoop balls up with racket, or herd into corner and pick in "one fell squat" (good one!! ).