PDA

View Full Version : First look at a Adidas racket??

Babolast
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2yzlbok.jpg

joke-a-vich
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
its probobly just a stencil

fluffy Beaver
08-10-2008, 10:23 PM
its probobly just a stencil

no.... it looks to be one of the barricade models.

fluffy Beaver
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=211305&page=7

2nd_Serve
08-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Whoa ... Lucky kid.

cujays
08-11-2008, 06:01 AM
cool lookin racket

ag200boy
08-11-2008, 06:05 AM
the racquet in this pic is different in the other thread, it doent have the same pj..

different racquet?

Racquet Man
08-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Babolast, why were the kids being photographed with Djokovic? Isn't the Adidas racquet still at a prototype stage? When I saw the image I immediately asked myself why a kid has it? Even if the kid is a phenom, I doubt that Adidas is targeting he junior market?

To me, being the skeptic that I am, the only plausible explanation is that Adidas is introducing the prototype of the new player racquet (apparently called the "Barricade") and which will be Djokovic's future racquet to the market through this brilliant, and free publicity scheme, and at the same time, has strategically avoided any claim by Wilson that Adidas is interfering in the existing contractual relations between Wilson and Djokovic.

I'm curious, does anyone know how long Djokovic signed on with Wilson? There likely is a break-up clause after a few years with a penalty that will be adequately offset by whatever he will be paid by Adidas to play their
racquets.:)

Anyway, that is my musing of what is going on!

SempreSami
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Babolast, why were the kids being photographed with Djokovic? Isn't the Adidas racquet still at a prototype stage? When I saw the image I immediately asked myself why a kid has it? Even if the kid is a phenom, I doubt that Adidas is targeting he junior market?

To me, being the skeptic that I am, the only plausible explanation is that Adidas is introducing the prototype of the new player racquet (apparently called the "Barricade") and which will be Djokovic's future racquet to the market through this brilliant, and free publicity scheme, and at the same time, has strategically avoided any claim by Wilson that Adidas is interfering in the existing contractual relations between Wilson and Djokovic.

I'm curious, does anyone know how long Djokovic signed on with Wilson? There likely is a break-up clause after a few years with a penalty that will be adequately offset by whatever he will be paid by Adidas to play their
racquets.:)

Anyway, that is my musing of what is going on!

Something to do with the London Olympics, what with adidas being the main sponsor and whatnot.

JConnors
08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
I believe that Djokivic contract with Wilson expires at the end of 2008

fantom
08-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Isn't it a little strange that they are making their racquets have the same name as their shoes? Couldn't the marketing dept come up with anything original?

OnyxZ28
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Hmm, that staggered stripes thing on the hoop is remniscent of PK designs.

Racquet Man
08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
JConnors, what's your source that his agreement ends in 2008.

Wilson sure has featured him in a lot of marketing of late!

babolatking
08-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Hmm, that staggered stripes thing on the hoop is remniscent of PK designs.

agreed (10 characters)

pmerk34
08-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Isn't it a little strange that they are making their racquets have the same name as their shoes? Couldn't the marketing dept come up with anything original?

Well Barricades are awesome shoes porbbaly the best ones out there so hopefully it will transfer to the racquets.

federer envies me
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I believe that Djokivic contract with Wilson expires at the end of 2008

they wouldnt let him slip away to adidas especially with federer doing so bad now

willgonase10
08-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Screw Adidas, look at the KBlade Tour. :)

JConnors
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Contracts usually do run calendar year as the brands are now launching most of their new racquets and technologies at the Aussie Open rather than the french. It ties in better with the US launches

The reason I know that his contract expires is that I have friends working in Wilson. Wilson will do all they can to keep him but I think it will come down to money, and who has the most.

Racquet Man
08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
JConnors, did your friends who work at Wilson also tell you what type of coin Djokovic is being paid to sponsor Wilson products?

Where would that pay deal fit into their sponsorship pay scale? Federer is clearly at the top of the food chain. I assume the Williams are the next top paid Wilson tennis sponsors now that Henin is retired. I wonder if Davenport is next?

pmerk34
08-14-2008, 01:45 PM

Why that frame stinks.

thehunk
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
It does not matter what paintjob or what company Djokovic switches too. Adidas or Wilson. He will still be using the same racquet he has been using since he was a junior which is some type of old Head model, possible, Radical. That will not change since he won a Grand Slam with that. So get over it and just go find a racquet that suits you not what a you THINK Djokovic uses because you will never be able to get your hands on that.

JConnors
08-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Federer is currently top dog in the money stakes on spoonsorship, the rest I don't know I am afraid. The Novak deal will be BIG, BIG money, I think they "let" Ivanovic go last year with one eye trying to save to keep Djokovic.

SempreSami
08-15-2008, 04:45 AM
It does not matter what paintjob or what company Djokovic switches too. Adidas or Wilson. He will still be using the same racquet he has been using since he was a junior which is some type of old Head model, possible, Radical. That will not change since he won a Grand Slam with that. So get over it and just go find a racquet that suits you not what a you THINK Djokovic uses because you will never be able to get your hands on that.

Well excuse me, Captain Reason.

s7evin
08-15-2008, 04:59 AM
If i'm not blind, that is a PK with an adidas stencil...

pmerk34
08-15-2008, 05:09 AM

And you know this how

Racquet Man
08-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Well excuse me, Captain Reason.

Great response SempriSami!! You put in writing what alot of us were thinking when we read thehunk's post. It has been stated ad nauseum and confirmed by Djokovic himself that the Wilson pro room built him a custom racquet. It approximates his previous racquet (some say that was was the Tyger, while others the Head Radical......whatever!!). The important point is that he is not using the same old Head racquet. Its a custom job!

If he does end up going to Adidas and becomes "their face" for their new line of racquets, don't you think they will build him a racquet to spec. Perhaps that racquet may turn out to be their player prototype (albeit tuned down for greater mass appeal).

Satch
08-15-2008, 05:41 AM

i can't see that racquet on the pic, can you? :-? only some 98sqin with PJ.

Racquet Man
08-15-2008, 07:07 AM

thehunk, didn't you write the following in a Jan 5 post this year? What's changed your mind now?

All this talk about djokovic using a PJ and not the real racquet seems like a bunch of bull to me. I was watching the hopman cup, and the headsize of his racquet seemed much smaller than it used to look with his nBlade. although he might not have really been using an nblade, I think he really made the switch to the Kblade this time. obviously its not gonna be the same racquet that is available to us for stock, but the only thing I think that might be different in his racket is the weight. but he definitely is using the k pro tour and not just a paintjob.

willgonase10
08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
i can't see that racquet on the pic, can you? :-? only some 98sqin with PJ.

:cry: You ruined my day.

JediMindTrick
08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
thehunk, didn't you write the following in a Jan 5 post this year? What's changed your mind now?

All this talk about djokovic using a PJ and not the real racquet seems like a bunch of bull to me. I was watching the hopman cup, and the headsize of his racquet seemed much smaller than it used to look with his nBlade. although he might not have really been using an nblade, I think he really made the switch to the Kblade this time. obviously its not gonna be the same racquet that is available to us for stock, but the only thing I think that might be different in his racket is the weight. but he definitely is using the k pro tour and not just a paintjob.

Djoko's racquet is painted like the KBlade Tour not the KPro Tour.