PDA

View Full Version : 3 Yonex RDX500 players in the top 11!

jonas-the-ball-basher
01-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Interesting:
Joachim Johanson (11th), David Nalbandian (9th) and Leyton Hewitt (3rd), all three of 'm play with the Yonex RDX500 (or at least a paintjob of it).
But besides them three, I can't name any other player in the top 100 who plays with the Yonex RDX500.

thomas martinez
01-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Juan Monaco

lacoster
01-29-2005, 12:02 PM
If it's not the RDX500, its the RD ti-80 on the ATP: Paradorn Schrichapan, Mario Ancic, and Olivier Patience in the top 100.
________
HALFBAKED (http://half-baked.com)

finchy
01-29-2005, 05:19 PM
and all of them are most likely using a paintjob. so no go for the rdx500.

andfor
01-30-2005, 08:30 AM
and all of them are most likely using a paintjob. so no go for the rdx500.

That makes you feel better now does'nt it?

Veritas
01-30-2005, 03:08 PM
only Hewit uses the rdx paintjob.

activentures
01-31-2005, 04:19 AM
what racket does hewitt use under the paint then??

nSLICE
01-31-2005, 06:31 AM
hewitt used the super rd tour or whatever it is

D. Nalbandian
01-31-2005, 06:43 AM
Right, he uses SRD Tour 90.

ferrari_827
01-31-2005, 06:43 AM
I have a Ti80, and it does play very well, less powerful but more maneuverable than MP Tour 1. However, the RDX500mid is better.

mary fierce
01-31-2005, 07:04 AM
The observation about these three players offers the opportunity to compare their standing to when they used DIFFERENT frames. Nalbandian was a grand slam finalist when he used a Prince, so his performance seems to have suffered with the RDX. Hewitt was winning slam titles before RDX paint or whatever it is, so he seems not to be doing as well. Johansson is still something of an unknown with some good days, some less good. So, none of these players seems to have benefitted clearly.

ferrari_827
01-31-2005, 07:15 AM
If you've been watching the Australian Open at all, Hewitt is playing extremely well, definitely better than the last couple of years. Bandy had injuries, but was playing very well also, and his serve has improved. And Johanssen is getting lethal power out of the RDXmid.

Enough said ?

lacoster
01-31-2005, 08:03 AM
Nalbandian was the 16th seed for the Wimbledon final using Prince; After switching to Yonex, he's never left the top ten.
________
Honda nr specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NR)

mary fierce
01-31-2005, 08:44 AM
"Bandy...was playing very well." Agreed, but making the Wimbledon finals with a largely clay court background suggests he was perhaps playing better at that time. Seeding at Wimbledon is irrelevant; Wimbledon, I imagine you know, makes its own seeding rather than use ranking. As for Hewitt "playing extremely well," he was thought to be the next Agassi and virtually invincible when he won the US Open, and that was without biceps.

lacoster
01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
mary_fierce,

I have no idea why you think Nalbandian and Joachim are not "performing"; it's kinda like saying that Anna Kournikova is not hot a hot babe....Nalbandian reached a career high #4 last year after reaching the Aussie Quarters and French Semis, and then still managed to end the year in the top ten after taking almost all of June, July, and August off due to leg injuries.....Joachim is currently at his career high #11, with no big points to defend until the USOpen too....A much better argument would have been Juan Carlos Ferrero, poor dude is ranked #64 now.
________
Cheap Airsoft Grenades (http://airsoft-shop.info/categories/grenades/)

BaselineAce
01-31-2005, 01:31 PM
I can understand why...the RDX500 is a helluva frame.

Veritas
01-31-2005, 04:24 PM
The RDX500 has nothing to to with any of these players succes or skill, period.

Perfect
01-31-2005, 04:28 PM
I gave these frame a test drive and this frame is just amazing, it is my "holy grail". Someone who has a midplus version please respond to my thread in the "Wanted" section.

SocalTennis
01-31-2005, 09:43 PM
I just purchased a Midplus version myself and I couldn't be happier. My serve got better, groundstroke got better and so did volley. I just couldn't believe how comfortable the racquet is.

Also just to add to this discussion, I did notice hewitt's picture on the TW home-page; his racquet looks like the actual RDX 500.

verdasco67
01-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Juan Monaco

i thought juan monaco uses head?

Saito
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Regardless of what racquet they use.... aren't they all custom made to the players specifications so, in actuality, none of them use what's on the market right? :neutral:

andfor
02-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Regardless of what racquet they use.... aren't they all custom made to the players specifications so, in actuality, none of them use what's on the market right? :neutral:

What's the difference as long as it is a RDX off the mfg. line? The question should be what pro uses their/any racquet without customizing it? I am sure some do but most of them customize. Right?

ferrari_827
02-01-2005, 09:10 AM
On almost all of my rackets, there is some degree of customization with lead. The RDX500mid is an exception, it's so well-balanced I couldn't improve it with lead, and when I added lead, it threw off the performance.

andfor
02-01-2005, 10:13 AM
On almost all of my rackets, there is some degree of customization with lead. The RDX500mid is an exception, it's so well-balanced I couldn't improve it with lead, and when I added lead, it threw off the performance.

827, I understand that many of us mere motals play with uncustomized or stock sticks, most likely more of us do so than the pros. Just because you customize or do not customize your racquet does not make it any better or worse. It all comes down to personal preference.

I think what Saito is trying to say is that because the pros customize there is no way for us to compare our racquets verses what the pros use because the pros sticks are customized and thus do not play alike even if we are using the same model as them. At the same time I also think he is trying to PooPoo the idea that 3 of the worlds 11 best players are using the same stick by pointing this out.

Right Saito?

FYI. I use the RDX MP with and est. 4 grams at 3&9 and 4 grams under the handle. If I wanted I could play with the stick even w/o the added weight.

Saito
02-01-2005, 05:40 PM
827, I understand that many of us mere motals play with uncustomized or stock sticks, most likely more so than the pros. Just because you customize or do not customize your racquet does not make it any better or worse. It all come down to personal preference.

I think what Saito is trying to say is that because the pros customize there is now way for us to compare our racquets verses what the pros use because the pros sticks are customized and thus do not play alike even if we are using the same model as them. At the same time I also think he is trying to PooPoo the idea that 3 of the worlds 11 best players are using the same stick.

Right Saito?

FYI. I use the RDX MP with and est. 4 grams at 3&9 and 4 grams under the handle. If I wanted I could play with the stick even w/o the added weight.

Yes andfor,

I am trying to point that out because it is fact. But in any of my post I didn't even come close to saying that the RDX is junk. Just trying to state the fact that the pros in question aren't using what is thought that they are. And IMHO, for that matter, I believe the RDX to be a splendid racquet. :-)

Vicious
02-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes andfor,

I am trying to point that out because it is fact. But in any of my post I didn't even come close to saying that the RDX is junk. Just trying to state the fact that the pros in question aren't using what is thought that they are. And IMHO, for that matter, I believe the RDX to be a splendid racquet. :-)

Hahaha,

so you DID like hitting with my RDX punk :lol:. I knew it!!! Time for racquet change, Saito?!?

Saito
02-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Hahaha,

so you DID like hitting with my RDX punk :lol:. I knew it!!! Time for racquet change, Saito?!?

Hey V,

Glad you decided to take my advice and join. Yea, I thought about how it was hitting after using it and it's good. But as for racquet change, I believe that's a no no. Sorry but PD+ still so good to my forehand. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: