PDA

View Full Version : my friends asked me this question, i said dunno...

wyutani
08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, my best mate' as me this question yesterday. I said that I dunno.

the question was "Will you still love tennis and even watch tennis even if you physically cant play tennis?"

I dunno but watching a tennis match while im unable to play is kinda heart-breaking. sigh!:(

LawnChairGeneral
08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
i love the game and love to play the game, but truthfully, i think watching tennis is boring. unless there is some doubles on tv or a player that i really, really like... i just have no patience for it. every time i find myself watching tennis on tv i feel the need to grab my stick and head to the nearest court.

so if i was asked the same question, i'd have to say no.

PimpMyGame
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Same with me. 90% of tennis I watch is boring so if my legs fell off tomorrow I wouldn't care much for the sport.

Swissv2
08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Bullocks.

I would enjoy watching tennis regardless, though I wouldn't have said that about 10 years ago.

goober
08-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Tennis on TV doesn't do much for me. I will watch for a short while and then go do something else. Live pro tennis is much more interesting. Overall though, tennis is not that great of a spectator sport.

Noaler
08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
NO! I'd rather watch football or do something else.

lawlitssoo1n
08-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I guess it depends on the person, i personally like watching tennis, but if my legs couldn't functions anymore, then i wouldn't know, but if my legs were hurts BECAUSE of tennis then i would hate the sport

willgonase10
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I would still love tennis. Rooting for your favorites is always fun.

albino smurf
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I'd punch your friend. When are you physically unable to play? When you are 90?

River Hill
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
It is great to watch, especially in person

ewmetz
08-14-2008, 09:05 PM
After watching tennis for a little while it makes me want to go out and play so if I wasn't physically able to I think it'd drive me nuts.

pmata814
08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I would absolutely watch (as long as it's not women's tennis)! I always record hrs and hrs of Men's tennis on my dvr so I can watch it over and over :)

wyutani
08-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I would absolutely watch (as long as it's not women's tennis)! I always record hrs and hrs of Men's tennis on my dvr so I can watch it over and over :)

a true tennis fan!:)

diredesire
08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
If i were physically unable to play, i probably would lose a lot of interest in gear, but I'd still string.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to make educated recommendations if there were new, nice strings coming out.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd punch your friend. When are you physically unable to play? When you are 90?

Joints, ligaments, and tendons are fragile. Some people suffer injuries that require surgery they are unwilling to undergo or have chronic conditions that prevent them from giving all their effort on the courts. I have currently received a preliminary diagnosis of chondromalacia in my left knee (but it may also include a small meniscus tear) and am scheduled to see an orthopedic surgeon in a few weeks. If my condition were to become a chronic problem and I wasn't able to perform to at least 80%, I would probably leave the sport.

I don't think I would follow the sport with as much vigor if I wasn't able to play.

BillH
08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Speaking as a person who has endured two acl reconstructions (both knees) in a 3-year period and each surgery requiring a 6-month rehab with no tennis, I can tell you that if you love the game, you will watch even if you don't play and you will continue to play even if not 100%. Taking 6 months off from the sport and then taking another 7 or 8 months to get full mobility back is a humbling experience but I still enjoyed being on the court with friends and taking part in the game even when I knew I was playing at 75% or so. Love of the game is why you see 75 year olds and older out on the court still having fun even when the level of play has dropped significantly. But, if for whatever reason you decide you really don't care for the game that much, then I can see why watching wouldn't be that enjoyable. Your knee condition is only as limiting as you decide it will be - do what needs to be done surgically or whatever, rehab the hell out of it, and get back on the court and have fun. That's what its about.

sphinx780
08-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Put me down for watching, I truly love the every aspect of the sport and if I couldn't play I would be absolutely depressed if I couldn't watch.

But I see the other side of it too, when I have to rest for an injury and can't play, it drives me nuts. It's just finding what works for you personally.

zacinnc78
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
i would go get a motorized wheelchair and hit with somebody lol...and yes i would still watch it ...wonder how players will be swinging at the ball in 40-50 more years..with a flipped-over eastern forehand grip and scooping up and back with even more racket speed lol

Swissv2
08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I find it amazing if anyone calls the top 3 player's tennis "boring".