PDA

View Full Version : How much Ibuprofen before it is counterproductive?

BjornBorg
08-14-2008, 05:24 AM
A friend told me that for fairly serious joint pain and stiffness, take 400 mg. of Advil 4-5 times per day for five days. It works wonders. After that, don't take it for a while.

I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about this? Also, does taking Advil in larger amounts like this negatively affect the body?

How about tennis players who use Advil pretty regularly, especially after playing? Any long-term cumulative affects on the kidneys or any other part of the body? Thanks.

Addi
08-14-2008, 06:06 AM
I think of you take it for four or five days it won't become counterproductive in case you don't suffer from any serios liver disease, gastritis, or Chron's disease. If it's taken over a longer period on a regular basis it might cause gastritis or damage your liver. but it's negative side effects on your kidneys, liver and stomach are way below of those of acetylsalicylic acid, which is the agent of aspirin, or diclofenac.
what helps you to avoid getting a gastritis or to damage you stomach muscola is to always eat something everytime before you take a pill.

addi

BjornBorg
08-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the info!

El Guapo
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Remember that it will stunt most muscle growth and you'll never get stronger while on the Advil. Only take it for a short period of time if you really need it and never for regular soreness.