PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian Tennis Players

Afelzz
08-14-2008, 06:15 AM
I myself am a vegetarian, and it is hard some times to have enough protein on the courts, so are there any other vegetarians willing to part with some advice?

River Hill
08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
I am not, but my friend is. He drink lots of protein shakes.

tennisxlsdk
08-14-2008, 08:59 AM
I am as well and in addition to try and obtain as much protein you can from your food, drink a lot of protein shakes as well.

I only started doing so about 8 months ago and notice a great difference in overall muscle mass. I think you need about 1 gm of protein per pound of body weight if you play/work-out regularly, much more if you are a body-builder type.

LuckyR
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
As tennis is not necessarily a strength sport, being a veg should relatively easy to do, with little downside.

wyutani
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
drink plenty of soya bean...

DrumWizOHBD
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Brendan Brazier
This is the best advice for you...hands down.

www.brendanbrazier.com

He is a world-class vegan triathlete. I recommend this book to any athlete interested in their diet, vegetarian or no.

He has his own line of products called Vega. HOwever, in his book he gives you the recipes for everything that his company makes. How awesome of a guy is this. He is really in it to help people be the healthiest they can be.

the Book is called "The Thrive Diet". It is full of recipes.

nanni
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
i am vegetarian and am a 4.5 level player.i play singles and doubles twice a week and have not faced any problems in strength or stamina.i eat a lot of brown bread,oats,fruits,veggies,lentils,beans,sprouts,yo ghurt and drink milk.soya (tofu)is also good.a balance diet and regular exercise can make up for not eating meat.i am a bit skinny and do find it difficult to put on muscle.have not tried whey protein,but i guess thats another alternative for us vegetarians.

Afelzz
08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks all, I appreciate the advice.