PDA

View Full Version : My LiquidMetal is crooked!

Shane Reynolds
03-28-2004, 04:37 PM
You know, last year I criticized Wilson for the poor paintjobs on the H-Series. I never thought I would see that problem with Head but I just bought a LM Radical OS and the four LM sections of the hoop do not line up with each other. The corrugations line up but not the silver parts. I know it is just cosmetic but still, I would assume $180 could cover a decent paintjob.

Three-fiver
03-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I sent a ProStaff back to Wilson because of a flawed paint job and they replaced it. It's worth a try.

Ray Wong
03-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Shane, my LM prestige also have a same problem, I am disappoint about the Head's QC, only a small "made in Austria" sticker on the butt cap, I doubt those made in Austria.

tarheelbornjohn
03-29-2004, 04:26 AM
Just checked my Prestige MP and the paintjob is right on.

marc tressard
03-29-2004, 04:31 AM
Maybe they are finsihed in the Czech Republic. How about this. I checked out some LM Instincts alleged to be 4 pts light, strung. Well, as it was too windy to play, I shopped and measured five (5) unsturng rackets with tow grip sizes and found they were about 4 pts light with no string!! None inthsio store would be clsoe to 4 pts light strung. At 11 ounces strung this is going to mean a huge playability handicap for the ususpecting buyer. i had 3 prince vendettas and measured more. all were about 3 to 4 pts light stung, yet the pricn esight and TW show "even balance." tehmor eI look the weirer it gets and I almso tdon;t want to check thisoput. I guess this is why a Yonex is respected -- an apprently tight tolerance regime. In my experience Yonex, Wilson (surprise!), and Volkl tend to give you what you ordered; the others are a hit and miss proposition. Over the years readiing the racquet board here I have read many posts that echo this misgiving and tend to turn one into a misanthrope. So you may end up with only a semblance of the product you agonized over. My worst experience: some light Dunlop HH model that was off by 6 points in balance from the target. So I had a then fashionable ultra light thing that was even balanced instead of 1" heavy!! I'd have to swing from the molten core of the earth to the ionopshere to generate power.

david aames
03-29-2004, 11:53 AM
The Wilson Tour 95 has a horrible paintjob. Absolutely nothing like the Tour 90.

Shane Reynolds
03-30-2004, 05:08 AM
The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. The silvery part has a different feel to it than the surrounding orange and black, so even if it does not specifically define where the LM begins and ends, I think it could affect how the racquet plays. I am trying to return the racquet; we'll see how Head's customer service is.

Shane Reynolds
03-30-2004, 04:16 PM
BTW, pull up the Radical here on the TW site and select "View Larger Image." You can clearly see the the top sections of LM do not line up! Also, I pulled out my Instinct and the LM sections on it do not line up, either! What kind of crap is this? If we are to believe their own marketing, these sections are a radically-different material, and the four sections comprise the "Total Sweetspot Construction." I don't even know where to go for a racquet anymore. Head's QC is apparently crap, as is Wilson's. Prince is looking good but the only quality frame IMHO is the Diablo, which is not enough frame for me. I just don't like Volkl, Babolat or Dunlop. I certainly don't mind ordering Yonex from TW but I hate the fact that I can't go look at them in the store. Yes, I know I can demo but then how would the racquet manufacturers stay afloat?