PDA

View Full Version : TW main site Down for hours!!!!

thatballwas_IN
01-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello!!!! reboot! site is HOSED! will not load! has been down since
12am EST and is still down at 1:51 EST !!!!

guess the admins pager battery is dead!
63.171.197.171 ......

Call SPRINTLINK !!!

Message boards are working though.. must be hosted on Linux! ;)

bfonz7
01-30-2005, 07:51 AM
they have been down since 11 pm est and its now 11 am est and the site still wont load.....figures I wanted to look at ordering some demos haha

loubapache
01-30-2005, 07:54 AM
I have noticed this (site down) before but this time it was down for a long time.

Craig Sheppard
01-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Message boards are working though.. must be hosted on Linux! ;)

The main site is running a WebSTAR web server on a MacOS machine... the TalkTennis boards are running Apache 1.3.29 on Mac OS X... it's possible the main server is down for upgrades, sometimes they take longer than expected.

Craig

P.S. Why they use Mac servers is beyond me... they must be really pro-mac. Am glad to see Apache running though.

volleyman
01-30-2005, 02:31 PM
In my experience, MacOS makes a fine Web Serving platform, both with the Classic MacOS and OS X. FWIW, I have run production servers on the classic MacOS, Solaris and Linux, and use OS X for all my current Web development.

You work with what works for you. :-)

TW Staff
01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. The server crashed and the timing wasn't good... Don/Tennis Warehouse

Craig Sheppard
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. The server crashed and the timing wasn't good... Don/Tennis Warehouse

Don, I make fun of macs at times, but seriously you guys do a great job.

b.
02-02-2005, 09:16 AM

Craig, you shouldn't make fun! It shows that they are not only doing great job, but are also full of optimism! There isn't better combination. ;)

BreakPoint
02-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Looks like it's been down again tonight for at least several hours now. :(

gmlasam
02-03-2005, 06:01 AM
What is going on TW???? Last night the main site was down again for hours. Did the server crash again? That is not good. I was ordering last night then I got this error "unable to connect to host", and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one ordering online last night. TW lost revenue during down time for sure.

TW your IT guys should be fired!!!!!!!

BTW...I thought Macs never crash?

Datacipher
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM

I second that. Sure, it's annoying for users, but all sites go down from time to time or experience problems that need to be ironed out. Overall, it seems to me they do an excellent job.