PDA

View Full Version : What is the pre-symptom of a tennis elbow?

lidation
08-15-2008, 05:07 AM
As I play more and more tennis (4-5 days a week, 2-3 hours/each time) I am worrying that I might get tennis elbow some day. And I try my best to avoid it. I have a question, so is there any starting symptom for tennis elbow?

I am thinking that if I know the T.E. is coming I would just quit playing for a few weeks for it to heal before it does permanent damage.

Right now, I am feeling a bit uncomfortable in my elbow and I am not sure it'll get any worse.

AznRamenDude
08-15-2008, 02:14 PM
i posted something like this a while ago

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=214097

Helpful, but i didnt get a definate answer. try not to think about it too much...it could effect your game

volusiano
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I think if you're concerned in the first place, instead of waiting for tennis elbow to happen and wanting to know what symptoms to look out for, you should do a bit of research up front about what can cause tennis elbow and proactively try to do all the right things to avoid it in the first place.

There can be many contributing factors like technique, play time, racket choice, string choice, ball choice, etc. You should take actions in selecting the right stuff on all these things that you can control instead of waiting for TE to happen then take corrective measures.

sphinx780
08-21-2008, 07:58 AM
If it's feeling uncomfortable, I would suggest taking the proactive step and resting for a few days, also taking Vol's info into account and doing some research on exercises to help preventing TE in the future....a quick search will turn up a solid amount of info.