PDA

View Full Version : MOYA VS CORIA FINAL WOW! AND HEWITT VS FERRERRO

robbie_dademo
02-21-2004, 03:24 PM
These 2 finals are worthy grand slam finals!! we could well be seeing a preview of the french in moya vs coria! who are your tips?

i tip moya in 3 tight sets. and hewitt in straight as ferrero has been scraping through his matches a lot of tough 3 setters while hewitt will be much fresher and is better mentally.

Verbal_Kint
02-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Ferrero will win in a 3d set tiebreak.

Marnix

guernica1
02-21-2004, 05:13 PM
I like Mini Moya over Moya in straights.

Ariel
02-21-2004, 06:58 PM
If he's in a good day, Moya has the shotmaking ability to blow out of the court to any player, specially on a clay court. Coria doesn't look like the same terrific player of july 03 when he won four back-to-back clay tournaments.

That being said, Coria lost the final to the same tournament last year to Moya, so that will be a factor for him to be motivated, he want to win this almost as a GS. Guillermo also blow out of the court to Carlos at the Houston Masters.

Coria in two close sets.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Well, Ferrero-Hewitt must have been awesome. That scoreline makes it look beautiful. Moya vs. Coria makes me nervous, I just have this feeling Coria will win. if Coria does win though, let's have Moya at least take it 3 sets.

Ariel
02-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Coria rolls over Moya! 6-4 and 6-1, never faced a break point, played rock solid clay court tennis. I've also heard that today Moya looked tired, perhaps all those three setters and tie breaks took their toll on him, and his serve was erratic.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Ariel do you know if Moya was spraying groundies and making lots of errors too? That's what I think he did (even though I have no report of the match), cause Coria is so fast and Moya gets impatient when he's tired. Too bad, but at least in every tournament he has played this year he has reached the finals. Thats something to brag about.

Ariel
02-22-2004, 11:13 AM
My brother in Argentina was watching the match and we were chatting through ICQ at the same time. What he said was that Coria was really aggressive, standing always close to the baseline while Carlos was more on a deffensive stance, 5 o 6 feet from the baseline and mostly reacting once the point started; Coria got an early break and was receiving at 3-1 0-40 Moya serving. Carlos fight and won five straight points to hold for the second time in the match; from there they both hold and Coria had 5 set points (three on Moya's serve) before he could get the set.

The second set Carlos looked really tired and wasn't moving right, and as you can imagine you can't give that advantage to Coria on clay. Guillermo did something remarcable, according to my brother, he hit to Carlos BH time and again like asking him for his signature shot, the inside out FH, and Carlos try to do it, but his footwork was not great as usually is and that brought a quite a few free points to Coria. He was also serving mostly to Carlos BH, of course, and only faced one break point when he was 3-0 and serving on the second set.

@wright
02-22-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm telling you, don't count coria out against anyone. He's one of the most complete players on the top of the game, and he hits his backhand with all the pain and anger of the world.

Jerod
02-22-2004, 09:40 PM
i agree if the surface is clay.

Rickson
07-30-2006, 05:24 AM
What happened to Coria? Coria needs to get back in form.

helloworld
07-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Wtf ?? Who resurrected this thread ?

Max G.
07-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Holy thread necromancy batman!

Rickson, why did you inflict this on the poor thread? Better it had stayed dead...

To answer your question, bad service yips plus some injuries happened to Coria.

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to ressurect a thread that hadn't been posted on for *TWO AND A HALF YEARS* instead of a more recent one, or just making a new one?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-30-2006, 09:32 AM
wtf, who made this thread come back!!!!!:mad: