PDA

View Full Version : US Open day/ night session tickets

10s talk
08-18-2008, 09:37 AM
How do the tickets work ? if you go to the day session, do you need a second ticket for the night session, or can you stay on the grounds and only watch certain courts

10s talk
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
bump........... someone must know

raiden031
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
There is no grounds admission at night. There is only Arthur Ashe seating I believe.

10s talk
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM
so is one ticket good all day and night ?

raiden031
08-18-2008, 06:05 PM
No you have to purchase separate evening tickets

Banger
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
The day session runs into the night session. The night session is usually just two matches on Arthur Ashe. It's better to get the day session and watch the side courts, those matches dont usually get done until 9:00pm anyway. A

heycal
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
so is one ticket good all day and night ?

That is my impression, yes. The only exception to this is seperate tickets sold for day and evening sessions in Ashe. I believe a grounds pass is good from the morning all the way through the evening, but maybe someone could confirm this. Likewise, I believe a ticket to Ashe, day or night session, allows you to watch all matches on other courts that day or night. For example, you could buy a seat inside Ashe for the day session, and when that session concludes, you can hang around the side courts for the rest of the night. Sometimes matches can go pretty late. I'm less positive whether a night ticket for Ashe would allow you to enter the grounds at 11am to watch other court matches, but I'm guessing it would.

raiden031
08-19-2008, 03:37 AM
That is my impression, yes. The only exception to this is seperate tickets sold for day and evening sessions in Ashe. I believe a grounds pass is good from the morning all the way through the evening, but maybe someone could confirm this. Likewise, I believe a ticket to Ashe, day or night session, allows you to watch all matches on other courts that day or night. For example, you could buy a seat inside Ashe for the day session, and when that session concludes, you can hang around the side courts for the rest of the night. Sometimes matches can go pretty late. I'm less positive whether a night ticket for Ashe would allow you to enter the grounds at 11am to watch other court matches, but I'm guessing it would.

If you purchase a day pass for Ashe, you get admission to Ashe only until 7pm, when night tickets are required. You can walk around the grounds until those courts are all done playing.

If you purchase a night pass for Ashe, you can't get in during the day. This has to be the case since night passes are the cheapest tickets you can buy.

heycal
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM
If you purchase a day pass for Ashe, you get admission to Ashe only until 7pm, when night tickets are required. You can walk around the grounds until those courts are all done playing.

Yes. This what I said.

If you purchase a night pass for Ashe, you can't get in during the day. This has to be the case since night passes are the cheapest tickets you can buy.

Are you saying you can't get onto the grounds during the day and watch other matches with a night session ticket for Ashe?

I'm not sure that's true, and unless you have personally purchased a night session ticket for Ashe and been denied entry to the grounds before a certain time of day, I'm going to guess you are wrong.

But I don't know for certain. Anyone else on this particular question?

TennezSport
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Day session tickets allow you access to the Ashe or Armstrong and anywhere on the grounds for the day. You can also stay on the grounds for any late or outside matches still going on.

Night session tickets ONLY allows access for Ashe or the grounds after 7PM. You cannot get in for any day session event unless it's on an outside court after 7PM.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

heycal
08-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Night session tickets ONLY allows access for Ashe or the grounds after 7PM. You cannot get in for any day session event unless it's on an outside court after 7PM.

Well, this is no real help. And factually wrong too, since I have personally entered the grounds before 7pm with an Ashe night session ticket and caught some outside court action before entering Ashe stadium.

Let's try and clarify things here:

There is a big stadium, called Ashe, that shows marquee matches. There is assigned seating in there, and they hold two sessions. One in the day, one at night. Think of it as TWO shows, each requiring a different ticket. Day session ticket holders must vacate their seats in Ashe after the day session ends, and night session ticket holders may not enter the stadium during the day session matches.

Now that this is settled, let's move on to the REST of the US Open:

There are numerous courts and numerous matches going on day and night throughout the vast grounds of the National Tennis Center. It's my contention that ANY kind of ticket you hold -- grounds pass, Ashe night session, Ashe day session, whatever -- will allow you to watch ANY match being played on ANY court other than Ashe at ANY time of the day or night.

Now, if someone knows for sure of some exception to the above -- and it's possible there is -- then I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, we are just confusing the OP and others with idle speculation and wrong suppositions.

TennezSport
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Since you can only buy seat tickets for the Ashe and boxes in TLA, yes, you can get into the grounds with a night ticket as you can with a day ticket or a ground pass (thought that was understood). However you will not get into the grounds with a night ticket until after 5 PM (to allow access to the stadiums); 7PM is the official start time. After that you can do what you like and that and the point I was trying to address; unsuccessfully I guess.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

raiden031
09-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, this is no real help. And factually wrong too, since I have personally entered the grounds before 7pm with an Ashe night session ticket and caught some outside court action before entering Ashe stadium.

Let's try and clarify things here:

There is a big stadium, called Ashe, that shows marquee matches. There is assigned seating in there, and they hold two sessions. One in the day, one at night. Think of it as TWO shows, each requiring a different ticket. Day session ticket holders must vacate their seats in Ashe after the day session ends, and night session ticket holders may not enter the stadium during the day session matches.

Now that this is settled, let's move on to the REST of the US Open:

There are numerous courts and numerous matches going on day and night throughout the vast grounds of the National Tennis Center. It's my contention that ANY kind of ticket you hold -- grounds pass, Ashe night session, Ashe day session, whatever -- will allow you to watch ANY match being played on ANY court other than Ashe at ANY time of the day or night.

Now, if someone knows for sure of some exception to the above -- and it's possible there is -- then I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, we are just confusing the OP and others with idle speculation and wrong suppositions.

So then anybody that buys a grounds-only pass is a moron because Ashe night tickets in the earlier rounds are cheaper than the grounds-only passes. For instance it costs $22 for an evening pass the first couple days and $46 for a grounds-only pass. I am 100% positive they do not let evening ticketholders in before a certain time (probably like 6-6:30pm)

From Usopen.org:

Day Session ticket provides an assigned seat in Arthur Ashe Stadium along with first-come, first-served access to Louis Armstrong Stadium, the Grandstand and all of the field courts.

Evening Session ticket provides an assigned seat in Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Grounds Admission Provides first-come, first-served access to Louis Armstrong Stadium, the Grandstand and all of the field courts. Grounds Admissions are only sold for the first eight days of the tournament.