PDA

View Full Version : Fitness regime for busy schedule

Orangejumper
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
hey there,
am a noobie so this is my first post.

I could trawl thru the archives but the key is in the title bar.

What with 3 very young boys, 2 club nights of tennis a week,a heavy work schedule and a lot of travelling, am trying to find some sort of regime that i can squeeze in here or there.

Living in a small house in the middle the city i dont have the luxury of a weights room and to do do a P90 dvd would mean clearing the furniture from the sitting room.

What am looking for is something that i can say do 3 nights a week at half hour durations that will fasten me up as well as quitting some weight. Does any one have some sort of fitness regime they can recomend?

The other option is to head off to the courts and do some shuttle runs etc Again I am keen to find osme sort of breakdown telling me what to do when.

Looking fwd to hearing from you

Orange

cncretecwbo
08-19-2008, 04:42 AM
do you have weights/access to a gym?

ollinger
08-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Don't use elevators.

Orangejumper
08-19-2008, 07:48 AM
do you have weights/access to a gym?

no gym, no access to one, no space for weights.
Do have a court nearby though that doesnt help when travelling

sphinx780
08-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Here's what I use in those situations, but I'm no expert.

I start out with 5 min of cardio to get the blood pumping...something like jogging in place, jumping jacks or even just doing a pogo jump (which is great for the calves and will strengthen the muscles in the feet that facilitate speed).

Then I move on to exhausting the legs. With Walking Lunges after doing some plyometric lunge jumps (from wl position, explode and jump into the air as high as you can). Do each until exhaustion, 60sec break, then next set 3 sets of each.

Next I do some leg lifts for ab work (lie flat on your back and raise your legs from ground to pointing straight up as many times as possible. Again, 3 sets, 60 sec breaks between..always to exhaustion.

Then I'm on to push-ups (100pushups website has a great regimen to keep you pushing yourself IMO).

Then I do another 5 min of stretching for a cool down. That rounds out my 25-30 min right there, will be less if your fitness level keeps reps low.

Hope that helps give you some ideas!

Spokewench
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Walking is the best exercise you can get - go for a walk. You can walk in the middle of the City; in a rural area or wherever you are travelling to. It sounds like you cannot workout in your home because it is too crowded so walk out the front door and go for a walk. This might be a little hard if you have three boys, but if some are old enough to walk and some need to be pushed in a stroller so be it; it will be good for the kids too! If you need a better workout - walk UP hills at a fast clip and do it again!

Happy Walking

Orangejumper
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
thanks all, sphyinx (sp)good work....
had a sniff on the web and have kncoked up the following schedule. Would be grateful for any comments or areas that you think i might be missing. Cant do push ups as have tendonitis in my left (no i aint no leftie) shoulder. Also am a 6 ft 2, 195lbs so primarily want to shed weight. O and out. The Jumper

1)warm up, cycle to courts .5mins
2)CARDIO
Pogo/can hops 3 sets of 20 seconds rest 1 minute between each one
Shuttle runs . Outside double tram to service line then back, to singles line then back, to double line then back, to service line back, to single line back, to double line, finish. 3 sets rest 1 minute between each one
T drill .Back to net, sprint to T, shuffle right to tram then whole way to other side, shuffle back to middle, back pedal to starting position. 3 sets at 30 seconds rest 1 minute between each one
Shadow shot. Start at hash mark sprint to service line/singles line mimic bhand shot., shuffle back to hash, sprint to forehand mimic fhand shot, shuffle back to hash etc . 3 sets 30 secs.
3)Strength
Plank. 3 sets of 30 seconds going up to 60, rest 1 minute between
Walking lunges/Lunge jumps. 3 sets of 30 second 1 minute rest
Burpees, 3 sets of 30 seconds, rest 1 minute.
4)stretch down
5)cycle home
6)Cold beer

Spokewench
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
If your first desire is to lose weight - skip the beer.

The key to losing weight is increase the exercise you do and decrease the calories that goes in your body. Make sure the calories you are eating are good calories, i.e. have good nutrition vs. empty calories. It really is a simple equation.

Orangejumper
08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
If your first desire is to lose weight - skip the beer.

The key to losing weight is increase the exercise you do and decrease the calories that goes in your body. Make sure the calories you are eating are good calories, i.e. have good nutrition vs. empty calories. It really is a simple equation.

Not being funny i do like to have a drink of some description after a hard day. Am not talking serious boozing, but a can of seomthing/glas of wine with food etc. Is there an alcholic beverage that doesnt have empty calories though?

malakas
08-24-2008, 03:25 AM
no,that I know of.Anyway,better opt for beer(american beers are like water anyway;) ) or wine.They have the least calories.
An excellent cheap cardio exercise is also jumping rope.You don't need much money,or space.

Here this is a MUST READ for you:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_hierarchy_of_fat_loss

It doesn't matter how much you train,if you eat insensible you are not going to shed the fat.