PDA

View Full Version : Horrible pain when hitting on inside of my bicep above my elbow...

chris1992
08-19-2008, 02:26 AM
When this happens i cannot hit a forehand or serve properly but on my backhand it feels fine. Does anyone know what causes this or what it is and secondly, how long does it take to recover?Thanks

Rorsach
08-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Go visit a doctor.

And the first thing the doctor will say is to stop hitting there.

Loco4Tennis
08-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Go visit a doctor.

And the first thing the doctor will say is to stop hitting there.

ok, yeah that was funny :)

OP, take some time off, a couple days, see if it gets better, if not then do go see a doctor
strain is a big problem when i over do the serve practise, my problem is usally below the bicept, near the elbow, time off helps me on that

chris1992
08-19-2008, 03:20 AM
the thing is im doing a tournament right now - U16 and U18 - its my last tournament for a few weeks and i already retired from U16 yesterday but my U18 match is today - is there any point playing to try get some ranking points or will it just make things worse..?

chris1992
08-19-2008, 03:22 AM
oh yeah and btw locotennis - do u know the boars head sports club in charlottesville, virginia cos i practiced there when on vacation from london?

Loco4Tennis
08-19-2008, 04:09 AM
if you keep playing with it, it will get worst, but if you must play taking pain medication could help, or you could try some icehot cream on that spot to try to aleviate some of the pain

you'll have to determine how important does points are in regards to your health, if the pain is too much i would call it quits for a while, you are too young to be having these issues, disregard my preious post of time poff and go see a doctor if the pain caused you to drop out of tournaments, its beyond time off now i think, just ahve it checked out

in regards to the tennis club you mention, im a little too far from charlottesville, i am mosttly a public courts type of player :-)

good luck

sphinx780
08-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Rest it or it will get worse, at your age, a few days could take care of it quite easily. If it starts radiating up to your shoulder/neck or down to your pinky finger wrist, it could be a nerve inflammation as well (such as cubital tunnel syndrome), rest should take care of it.