PDA

View Full Version : Durability of leather grips?

BIGROY
03-28-2004, 08:02 PM
What do you people think of the babolat leather grip. And whAt is the durability difference between a leather grip and a regular synthetic grip. How long does a leather grip last if for example I play for 2.5 hours a day everyday.

any comments and/or advice would be helpful

thanks a lot

Hal
03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Leather grips outlast synthetic grips by far. I'll wear out a synthetic grip in one day. In fact, I don't used them because I can't keep a consistent feel through out a match. A leather grip, on the other hand will last me months, or even a year.

I personally did not like the babolat grip (not tacky enough). The best grip, IMO, is the Fairwary grip. However, they are currently not being made. The closest grip to the Fairway, that I've found, is the Volkl.

Also, I should mention, that most leather grips are harder than synthetic grips. This can cause you to get blisters on you hand the first couple of times you use a racquet with a leather grip. I had an inflamed nerve on my thumb once, that would not go away until I switched to a sythetic grip. Of course, as soon as it was gone, I switched back to leather.

Anyway, I hope this info is useful. Good luck!

jayserinos99
03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
they last really long as long as they're kept clean.