PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Thunder

DashaandSafin
08-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Anyone else see this movie? I laughed out loud..and I haven't laughed out loud in a movie for a long time.

I especially liked the beginning trailers and Downey Jr. performance, had no idea Iron Man could be a black man...

And everyone was laughed at, "I'm just a little boy who plays with his penis when he's nervous." Random...

Also, when he said "You people":twisted:

Gmedlo
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Downey made the movie. Without him it would have been an hour and a half long How-many-people/groups-can-you-offend-in-one-film-fest, but he pulled everything in the movie together.

ShcMad
08-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Anyone else see this movie? I laughed out loud..and I haven't laughed out loud in a movie for a long time.

I especially liked the beginning trailers and Downey Jr. performance, had no idea Iron Man could be a black man...

And everyone was laughed at, "I'm just a little boy who plays with his penis when he's nervous." Random...

Also, when he said "You people":twisted:

It was a funny movie. I didn't know Downey Jr. could be that funny. In my opinion, everything that came out of his mouth was funny. Some of my favorites were:

"Suck my unit"

"I bet I could collar up some of them greens; noodle some crawfish out the patty, yo."

dave333
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Great movie, Downey was hilarious. I liked the addition of Tom Cruise, almost didn't know it was him until I noticed his behaviour was really like Tom Cruise's. Then credits confirmed.

I loved the part where he killed the panda though.

Mansewerz
08-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I heard it could've been funnier if they didn't put all of the funny parts in the trailer.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
In Chicago, a guy actually paid some mentally ******** people to stand in front of a downtown theatre and protest the movie's use of the word "******." :rolleyes: I'll get a link to a story in a sec.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-19-2008, 06:40 PM
In Chicago, some mentally ******** groups to stand in front of a downtown theatre and protest the movie's use of the word "******." :rolleyes: I'll get a link to a story in a sec.

Link to story: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6322082

(my bad about the guy paying the ******** people; that's what my friend told me :oops:)

tears_of_awesom
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
"Alpa, if you untie me I will literally suck your d*** right now. Ill cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, swallow the gravy"

Funniest line in the movie. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

oh yeah and "heres my mother f****g farm...im a lead farmer mother f****r!!"

I love this movie

ODYSSEY Mk.4
08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
"Alpa, if you untie me I will literally suck your d*** right now. Ill cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe, swallow the gravy"

Funniest line in the movie. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

oh yeah and "heres my mother f****g farm...im a lead farmer mother f****r!!"

I love this movie

those where my favorite quote along side the panda scene
ben-"i killed what i love most"
matt-"a prostitute?"
ben-"no a panda!"
matt-"Amanda? her name isnt important"

stormholloway
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
It's "that's probably not her real name".

ODYSSEY Mk.4
08-19-2008, 11:16 PM
It's "that's probably not her real name".

thank you sir ive seen too many movie lately :)

Shaolin
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Best scene in the movie:

Les Grossman: "Why dont you step back, AND F**K. YOUR OWN. FACE!!

I couldnt stop laughing at that.

ChuDat
08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
"I'm the dude who plays a dude disguised as another dude"

J-man
08-20-2008, 05:13 AM
Best scene in the movie:

Les Grossman: "Why dont you step back, AND F**K. YOUR OWN. FACE!!

I couldnt stop laughing at that.Now that was a funny line. Funny movie overall.

Serpententacle
08-20-2008, 10:49 AM
A "spoiler" caution would have been appreciated.

Blade0324
08-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Actually went to see this with the wife and we left about 25 min. in. Not really very funny IMHO.

Guamanian G
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I can't watch ANY movie with Jack Black in it. He's so bad at acting
I just don't like his personalty.....

Nuke
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Actually went to see this with the wife and we left about 25 min. in. Not really very funny IMHO.

Let me guess. Was it the director's "exit" scene?

str33t
08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Great movie. I'd love to see it again.

"We are Flaming Dwagon!"

Gmedlo
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM

Yeah, not a great family/date movie. More like a guy-friend type movie where you don't want anything intellectually stimulating, just something to laugh over.

dave333
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
^^^ lol yes, definitely. Me and my friends had an absolute blast, but I bet the majority of girls would have been disgusted (guts pouring out, blood spewing from the head).

DashaandSafin
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, not a great family/date movie. More like a guy-friend type movie where you don't want anything intellectually stimulating, just something to laugh over.

Yea, I mean its a no-brainer (pun intended;)

Why you would go into the movie expecting a Shawshank is beyond me.

tears_of_awesom
08-21-2008, 07:32 AM
"COVER ME YOU LIMP DI*K fU**ERS!!"

ill say it again...I love this damn movie!!