PDA

View Full Version : Freak ankle problem and cure!!!

GraphiteMachete
08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
4 months ago, while trying to reach a drop shot, I landed on my left leg and felt some discomfort in ankle/foot. Pain got worse within next 2 weeks and got diagnosed with peroneal tendonitis. While physical therapy and pain killer medication made it bearable, the problem persisted.

Last night, again I landed on my left leg while trying to reach a drop shot and felt similar discomfort. While I felt pain immediately after the incident, later that night and today my leg has been almost pain free. Not even the pain/discomfort that used to be there before last night. This is insane. I am puzzled.

I think the tendons shifted location during the first incident and relocated to the original position last night. I can't think of any other explanation. Ever encounter anything similar? Any insight?

scotus
08-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Your problem is that you are still playing tennis.

Rest is your best friend.

GraphiteMachete
08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Dude, are you serious? I can't imagine resting without playing tennis. And I am not even good at tennis.

es-0
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I understand that problem, but would you rather be willingly sidelined for a few weeks or forced from tennis for a lot longer?

Rickson
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the tendons shifted location during the first incident and relocated to the original position last night. I can't think of any other explanation. Ever encounter anything similar? Any insight?

Dude, you've been watching too many TV shows. Put ice on that ankle and stop thinking it snapped back into place like on a Sponge Bob episode.