PDA

View Full Version : Usain Bolt 19.30 200m world record

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
That was PHENOMENAL He Just absolutely demolished them in STYLE. :shock:

AAAA
08-20-2008, 07:31 AM
This time he didn't shutdown 15m before the line. He's the first sprinter since Don Quarrie, also Jamaican, to simultaneously hold the 100m and 200m world records.

hollywood9826
08-20-2008, 07:31 AM
The dude is crazy fast. he beat the dude from the Antilles (Who set a national record) by over half a second, and beat the longest standing record in sprinting. Michael Johnsons 19.32 at Atlanta.

I didnt watch the race, why was Spearmon DQ'd?

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Spearmon stepped inside another lane for about 3 steps. He was celebrating his SIlver for about 5 minutes before soemone told him.

Fedace
08-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Can we extract his DNA and analyze why he is so fast.. and he is a showboat as well.

stormholloway
08-20-2008, 07:41 AM
You should be analyzing his urine, not his DNA.

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Yeh he went 100% all the way and looked smooth all the way. I thought he was going to miss the start after he moved a bit just before the gun, but it didnt seem to matter, he got a good enough start.

It was great to witness both runs, especially LIVE on tv. Quarries runs must have been a LONG time ago.

Poor Spearmon, the couple of strides in the other lane wouldnt have made much differece, what a time to mess up.

The female 400m hurder just won too- by a LOT, the jamaicans are turning it on.

This time he didn't shutdown 15m before the line. He's the first sprinter since Don Quarrie, also Jamaican, to simultaneously hold the 100m and 200m world records.

AAAA
08-20-2008, 07:50 AM
It was great to witness both runs, especially LIVE on tv. Quarries runs must have been a LONG time ago.

Definately. Did you hear the stadium en masse sing happy birthday for him? It's his birthday tommorrow.

littleboi21
08-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Judging from his 100m, I thought he was going to hit 18secs on the 200m.

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 08:16 AM
All I heard was NOISE and cheers and BOLT dancing, he!.. I was also looking at individual faces in the crowd and their reaction as the cameras panned the crowd after the race. Thats what the fans came to see!

happy birthday to him! The Jamaicans should have a good chance in the 100m relay as well.

Definately. Did you hear the stadium en masse sing happy birthday for him? It's his birthday tommorrow.

Seany
08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
He can run faster like that, he's yet to reach the peak of his physical abilities, I predict at 2012 he could break the world record in the 100 200 and 400.....the guy is scary good.

Only a matter of time til he steps up to 400m.

AAAA
08-20-2008, 08:34 AM
All I heard was NOISE and cheers and BOLT dancing, he!.. I was also looking at individual faces in the crowd and their reaction as the cameras panned the crowd after the race. Thats what the fans came to see!

happy birthday to him! The Jamaicans should have a good chance in the 100m relay as well.

It happened after the race when he was parading around the stadium.

About the relay, good chance if Powell can refind his form. Also apparently the 2nd leg runner runs the greater distance because of the way the change overs work out - its faster running the straight than the bends so they maximise the amount of running for the 2nd leg runner.

Do Jamaica give Bolt the potential glory of running the anchor leg or do they go for the fastest running order possible on paper?

ACE of Hearts
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Usain "Lightning" Bolt is the story of these games!!!!!! dont care about no swimming.This is track and field which has alot of history!!!!

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
I think he'll go last. We shall see. I'll be watching.

It happened after the race when he was parading around the stadium.

About the relay, good chance if Powell can refind his form. Also apparently the 2nd leg runner runs the greater distance because of the way the change overs work out - its faster running the straight than the bends so they maximise the amount of running for the 2nd leg runner.

Do Jamaica give Bolt the potential glory of running the anchor leg or do they go for the fastest running order possible on paper?

ACE of Hearts
08-20-2008, 09:24 AM
It will ne interesting to see if he was doping but he has been tested numerous times throughout the games.

Seany
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
look at the length of his legs, he doesn't need to dope, he has a natural advantage over everyone else as it is.

TonyB
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Am I crazy, or is 0.02 seconds not a whole lot?

I mean, Michael Johnson ran 19.32 TWELVE YEARS AGO and people weren't crapping their pants. Now Bolt runs 0.01% faster (literally) and people are talking about how "phenomenal" he is.

Yeah, the dude is incredibly fast, but it's not like he shattered the 200m world record or anything, like he COULD have with the 100m.

persondudething
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM

I mean, Michael Johnson ran 19.32 TWELVE YEARS AGO and people weren't crapping their pants. Now Bolt runs 0.01% faster (literally) and people are talking about how "phenomenal" he is.

Yeah, the dude is incredibly fast, but it's not like he shattered the 200m world record or anything, like he COULD have with the 100m.

yeah, in track hundredths of a second are pretty significant

Seany
08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Actually people were crapping their pants when Johnson set that record, as far as i remember, and some people thought that record would NEVER be broken because it was so insanely fast....I guess that's why people are talking so highly of bolt.

jmsx521
08-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Is it me, or since the beginning of the Olympics, you wake-up in the morning, they tell you the new results, but not till 12 hours later you can watch a video of the event. I still haven't been able to see that 200m run... with the exception of one terrible quality video on youtube. Nbcolympics has tons of videos, but they're just not fast enough to upload them.

Return_Ace
08-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Can we extract his DNA and analyze why he is so fast.. and he is a showboat as well.

I believe they said it's mainly due to him being 6'5 yet also being extremely good coordination (where other tall sprinters fail)... an analysis of his start shows that his shoulders are very balanced coming out of the blocks (as they're supposed to be). It all amounts to something like he can sprint 7 feet in one stride ? Whilst others only hit around 5 feet i believe.

And tbh i think he could be still aching from his 100m sprint or the other 200m heats/semi's which is why he looked slightly painful nearing the end.

But yeah.. amazing to watch.

TheNatural
08-20-2008, 06:29 PM
What no one has mentioned in this thread yet, and what makes the record even more remarkable , is that he ran the 19.30 record AGAINST a −0.9 HEADWIND!. :shock: Johnson ran his 19.32 record with a +0.4 tailwind.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
08-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I really he isn't on any type of juice, but this some really good news for Jamaica. In American culture he might come off as a showboat, but take that attitude tio Jamaica you will see why he is like that.

Good way to introduce himself to the world, 2 world records.

mcenroefan
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Johnson's record was considered by many to be close to untouchable. Bolt is stilll learning and will likely improve upon the record. And, as someone else said, he broke it running into a headwind!

The word phenom is an understatement....truly amazing.

waxnator
08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
In American culture he might come off as a showboat, but take that attitude tio Jamaica you will see why he is like that.

If he were American, I could just imagine the posts on here. "ARROGANT AMERICAN!!!"

It's kind of funny that they have some of the fastest sprinters considering Jamaican stereotypes. :)

pound cat
08-21-2008, 05:33 PM
TV tennis commentators are always saying "He moves pretty fast for a tall guy."

Bolt is 6'4". Whadda they kinow.

Nanshiki
08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I could outrun him... ON MY MOTORCYCLE

(or my car for that matter, but my bike is 3x as fast)

Seany
08-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Depends what car you have, but he would be faster than a lot cars over 100 m.

pound cat
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Now he's won a third gold in the 4 x 100 relay. Too bad anyone who hasn't seen it won't be able to because NBC has wiped it off the internet.

Bolt: "The crowd loves it they love when I put on a show for them," Bolt said. "They come out and pay their money to see a good performance and also to see a personality. So I go out there and give them a show."

Oh, does he ever.

Ronaldo
08-22-2008, 12:47 PM
The dude is crazy fast. he beat the dude from the Antilles (Who set a national record) by over half a second, and beat the longest standing record in sprinting. Michael Johnsons 19.32 at Atlanta.

I didnt watch the race, why was Spearmon DQ'd?

Flo Jo has the longest standing record in sprinting.

Florence Griffith began racing when she was seven years old, but was forced to give up sport at nineteen in order to help support her family. Sprint coach Bob Kersee found her working as a bank teller and helped her enroll at U.C.L.A. At the 1984 Olympics, in her hometown of Los Angeles, Griffith won a silver medal at 200m, although her long (15cm) and wildly painted fingernails earned her more attention from the press than her running. After marrying 1984 triple jump Olympic champion Al Joyner, she changed her name to Florence Griffith Joyner and eventually picked up the nickname "Flojo." On 16 July 1988, at the U.S. Olympic Trials, Griffith Joyner achieved a stunning breakthrough when she ran the 100m in 10.49 seconds, obliterating Evelyn Ashford's record of 10.79. Her time was faster than the men's records in a wide range of countries, including Ireland, New Zealand, Norway and Turkey. At the Seoul Olympics, Griffith Joyner twice broke the Olympic record and then won the final easily in a wind-aided 10.54. Four days later, in the semifinals, she broke the 9-year-old world record for 200m and then, 100 minutes later, she set another world record in the final with a time of 21.34 seconds. Griffith Joyner's records for 100m and 200m have yet to be broken. At the Seoul Games, she ran in both relays, winning a third gold medal in the 4x100m and a silver in the 4x400m. In 1998, Griffith Joyner died in her sleep at the age of 38, the victim of a form of epileptic seizure that led her to suffocate.

Breaker
08-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Now he's won a third gold in the 4 x 100 relay. Too bad anyone who hasn't seen it won't be able to because NBC has wiped it off the internet.

Bolt: "The crowd loves it — they love when I put on a show for them," Bolt said. "They come out and pay their money to see a good performance and also to see a personality. So I go out there and give them a show."

Oh, does he ever.

I found the 100m individual on youtube, guess this one slipped by somehow.

MUST WATCH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSpPaCIG0g