PDA

View Full Version : my left leg. weird stuff.

littleboi21
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Why does it keeps on folding up, almost hitting my butt whenever I do a stroke? Any strokes, forehand, 1hbh or 2hbh. I mean, it totally folds up. If im wearing heels while playing, the heels would struck my butt.

I haven't seen anybody in person that have this yet. No one from the pros either. Their legs almost doesn't leave the ground when they do a stroke.

Does anybody have this while playing?

JRstriker12
08-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Why does it keeps on folding up, almost hitting my butt whenever I do a stroke? Any strokes, forehand, 1hbh or 2hbh. I mean, it totally folds up. If im wearing heels while playing, the heels would struck my butt.

I haven't seen anybody in person that have this yet. No one from the pros either. Their legs almost doesn't leave the ground when they do a stroke.

Does anybody have this while playing?

You should video tape yourself and post the footage.

littleboi21
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
gahh i knew someones going to ask this. i'll try to do it when i get another chance to play.

but could you guys imagine what im talking about?

it's perfectly normal to me until my friend pointed it out.
he was like, why does your left leg rises whenever you do a shot? then i was like, oh yeah huh?

volusiano
08-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I notice this on 1hbh players sometimes, as a natural counter balance thing. I supposed it can happen to 2hbh shots, too, but a little less.

Not sure how it would happen on a forehand, even on an open stance fh. Your left foot may rise a little bit there to counter balance, but not totally folding up.

lawlitssoo1n
08-21-2008, 11:56 PM
gahh i knew someones going to ask this. i'll try to do it when i get another chance to play.

but could you guys imagine what im talking about?

it's perfectly normal to me until my friend pointed it out.
he was like, why does your left leg rises whenever you do a shot? then i was like, oh yeah huh?

I understand you, i do it RARELY at times on my 2hbh when the ball is really low and im approaching a shot. it is probably a bad habit dat u just developed. try hitting against the wall, Maybe it may help

wyutani
08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
if what the OP says is true, then his technique is wrong....

wrong technique mate;

tennisally
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Check out the Bailey Method of tennis footwork---at the site and on the web---is that what you are doing? If so you might be ahead of the traditional training curve!