PDA

View Full Version : Pat Rafter 2008

Stoner12
08-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and wondered if any of you guys knew which racket Rafter played with in his Seniors Tour 'comeback' match in Austria recently?

It's got a yellow paint-job and his strings had a Dunlop logo stencilled, but it's got to be a custom job, specially made for him, I think.

Here is a link to the Graz Masters Event site with some very limited video highlights (you need 'Quick Time' to watch them)...

www.stennismasters.at/video-highlights.61.htm

That's all for now, Thanks!

DNShade
08-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. From what it looks like in pics on GettyImages he's using the Dunlop Aerogel 500 (probably the Tour version).

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCDUNLOP-AG500T.html

I doubt it's a custom with a PJ - he's not really high profile right now so not sure that would make sense for Dunlop but it's possible it's one of the players frames that Blake, Haas etc use with a PJ.

Pat Cash uses a stock Dunlop Aerogel 300 with some lead - so my guess is that Rafter does something similar with the 500.

Stoner12
08-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks DNShade - appreciate your comments.

uk_skippy
08-29-2008, 04:55 AM
At Wimbledon Rafter was using has old Prince's painted with wanted seemed to by standard yellow house paint! It looked awful. He had them strung with Babolat R200 (their new red string) and VS gut if I remember. I have a couple of pics which I'll upload at some point (along with all the our pics from Wimby 08)

Regards

paul