PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic and tsonga~~ adidas racquets!

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
i have heard from a friend of mine (who is touch with an adidas rep.) who said that djokovic and tsonga are going to go all adidas with adidas racquets towards the end of the us open. hopefully it is true!

any comments on this?

this could have already been discussed:shock:

slice bh compliment
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Of course, this could be a case of a sales rep talking ''speculatively'' to generate some buzz.

But, if this is true:
Wilson canNOT be happy about this.

At least they've still got the Williams girls, Roger and about a quarter of the rest of the tour.

Then it's only a matter of time before before Nike buys a racquet manufacturer.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Of course, this could be a case of a sales rep talking ''speculatively'' to generate some buzz.

But, if this is true:
Wilson canNOT be happy about this.

At least they've still got the Williams girls, Roger and about a quarter of the rest of the tour.

about the nike racquets, i dont think that they would make a great racquet. looking at the golf clubs, they just look great and the quality of play is ok ( excluding tiger woods!) the nike racquet will look cool but the playability is random

ag200boy
08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
^^^

wouldnt that be great haha nike and adidas battling it out in the tennis market

maximo
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Adidas racquets, that sounds hard to believe.

ag200boy
08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
adidas used to be a big time racquet manufacturer....lendl used them for a large part of his career as did nastaze(sp?)

and weve all seen the new racquets, just didnt know if anyone was gonna use them

maximo
08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I think it's going to be way to hard for adidas to get back in the market with head, wilson and babolat dominating it at the moment.

chiru
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
adidas used to be a big time racquet manufacturer....lendl used them for a large part of his career as did nastaze(sp?)

and weve all seen the new racquets, just didnt know if anyone was gonna use them

didn't lendl use something else (was it kneissel?) that just had adidas stencil?

stician
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I'd buy a NIKE racquet

ag200boy
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
didn't lendl use something else (was it kneissel?) that just had adidas stencil?

idk might have

Serpententacle
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Nike should just stick to clothes & shoes.

SempreSami
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
i have heard from a friend of mine (who is touch with an adidas rep.) who said that djokovic and tsonga are going to go all adidas with adidas racquets towards the end of the us open. hopefully it is true!

any comments on this?

this could have already been discussed:shock:

Why should we hope it's true?

slice bh compliment
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
about the nike racquets, i dont think that they would make a great racquet. looking at the golf clubs, they just look great and the quality of play is ok ( excluding tiger woods!) the nike racquet will look cool but the playability is random

Yeah, definitely, man. Of course they wouldn't make a good one. They wouldn't even MAKE one. They'd just market it well. Very well. And people would love paying retail for it.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
the 3 stripe logo on the racquet that i saw in a pic almost makes it look like a babolat.

isnt there a barricade adidas racquets lurking on these threads?

BumperJeep
08-22-2008, 03:51 PM
that would make things a whole lot more complicated. But, I'm loyal to the six one line :)

racquetfreak
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM

lendl used kneissl white star pro
then adidas (early were kneissl with adidas graphics and labeled made in Austria - gtx pro, later/most were made in France - gtx pro, gtx pro-t, gtx mid-t
finally mizuno lendl type-s
all the above are collectors items and very pricey unless well-used

sruckauf
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I think Mizuno should get back in the tennis racquet game. The company is so huge, and they are known to be a R&D giant.. could be good timing with the success of Tecnifibre and this new Addidas talk.

Daniel68
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't wait to see that!

Daniel68
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't wait to see that!

Meaning the new Adidas racquets, not the post above my first one.

Feņa14
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I think it's true yeah.

There was a thread a while ago and TW confirmed they were getting them in.

Off the top of my head I think it was around February time, you should be able to find the exact date with a quick search though.

Necroblood
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I was searching the net a year ago to find a mizuno racquet but then I heard that they didn't exist anymore. That really sucked... Oh well gotta see these new addidas racquets. Hopefully tsonga and Novak aren't going to be using custom molds and just the racquets available to the public.

djokster
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I was searching the net a year ago to find a mizuno racquet but then I heard that they didn't exist anymore. That really sucked... Oh well gotta see these new addidas racquets. Hopefully tsonga and Novak aren't going to be using custom molds and just the racquets available to the public.
Dream on about them using stock frames.

heavy300
08-22-2008, 11:47 PM

they do exist.
http://www.mizuno.jp/softtennis/index2.html
only for Japan market I guess.

heavy300
08-22-2008, 11:48 PM
sorry wrong link
http://www.mizuno.jp/tennis/

jazar
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I think it's going to be way to hard for adidas to get back in the market with head, wilson and babolat dominating it at the moment.

it won't be if they have djokovic and tsonga using their rackets

maximo
08-22-2008, 11:59 PM
If adidas does start making rackets again then nike will also be forced to probably.

Steve F.
08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
the 3 stripe logo on the racquet that i saw in a pic almost makes it look like a babolat.

Have a link to this pic? TW has already confirmed that there will be adidas frames; I'm wondering how they'll spec.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
i know that there is a 95 coming out, but other specs and racquets i have no clue.

Miami Tiburon
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
The more racquet brands the better.Why should we care a bigger selection for all of us.

Vince Has Spin
08-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I can't really see Adidas making racquets, especially with the more popular brands at the top of the market like Wilson and Head. I definitely wouldn't buy an Adidas or a Nike racquet. They should stick with what they are doing.

babolatking
08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
i hope nike sticks to its "day job"

saram
08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
As Shrek would say:

"What a load a crap!"

saram
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I can't really see Adidas making racquets, especially with the more popular brands at the top of the market like Wilson and Head. I definitely wouldn't buy an Adidas or a Nike racquet. They should stick with what they are doing.

You should take a look around here--there are already threads showing the new Adidas sticks....

Henningvr
08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
adidas used to be a big time racquet manufacturer....

Yep - http://www.80s-tennis.com/pages/adidas-rackets.html

Babolast
08-25-2008, 12:35 AM
If adidas does start making rackets again then nike will also be forced to probably.

Doubtful at best.

some6uy008
08-26-2008, 01:38 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=211305&highlight=adidas&page=3

Jonas Bjorkman
08-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Lol Adidas have started making Cricket bats as well

rosewall4ever
08-26-2008, 04:07 AM

it'll be sweet to have a nike racquet...and printed on the side "just do it"...

SempreSami
08-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Lol Adidas have started making Cricket bats as well

Happen to have any photos? It makes sense since Puma started doing cricket gear.

orangettecoleman
08-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I feel like a tool just having the adidas or nike logo on my hat. of course they will spend a load of cash advertising it, will pay a few pros to use the PJ, and everyone will buy it.

Jonas Bjorkman
08-29-2008, 01:26 AM
No pics have been released yet for the Adidas cricket gear, there going to out during Xmas i fink

Tombhoneb
08-29-2008, 06:28 AM
weve all seen the new racquets, just didnt know if anyone was gonna use them

Can someone find a pic for me ? i havent seen them yet !!

Thanks