PDA

View Full Version : Pain in Wrist When Bent

lordmanji
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
i get pain in my right wrist when i bent it sideways and to the right. if i apply pressure right above my wrist where the bone is, theres pain. i can swing fine when im playing but if im just taking practice swings i feel it much more even with light rackets (10oz and below). i use a semi western and used to use a full. any thoughts?

Voltron
08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
That sounds similar to what I'm feeling right now, I've got a tournament this weekend, but I'll probably see a doctor after that. I'd suggest you do the same. Then again, I'm not sure if you just hurt it today, if so, just take a few days off and stretch it. In my case, it's been pretty bad for about a week now.

lordmanji
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
That sounds similar to what I'm feeling right now, I've got a tournament this weekend, but I'll probably see a doctor after that. I'd suggest you do the same. Then again, I'm not sure if you just hurt it today, if so, just take a few days off and stretch it. In my case, it's been pretty bad for about a week now.

no its been there for a while now. i can swing by while playing but i wonder if the very thought of the pain is somehow slowing down my swing cuz when i just take practice swings (not playing), i dont want to swing so fast cuz i know the pain will come. let me know how your doctors visit goes.

Rickson
08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
If you feel pain when you bend your wrist, don't bend it. Put ice on that wrist and rest it for a while.

eagle
08-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Wrap your wrist with athletic tape (not wrap but tape).

Works for me.

r,
eagle