PDA

View Full Version : jogging with tennis shoes

artdrucker
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Any problem in jogging with tennis shoes instead of specific for running/jogging?

chess9
08-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't do it if you are running more than, say, half a mile. Tennis shoes are built more for STABILITY and side to side movement, and running shoes are built more for cushioning and forward movement.

-Robert

raiden031
08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I have found that if you run often or long distances, tennis shoes are bad for your feet and legs. For one, I had a pair of tennis shoes that actually rubbed into my ankle and caused a sore that bled when I ran several miles in them. I have been training for a marathon and discovered that even my running shoes are not adequate ($40 shoes). I realized that I need to get shoes that are meant for the shape of my feet, even if it means paying a lot of money. So yeah if you are running a few miles here and there, you will be ok but anything more than that and you are going to be hurting or end up injured.

artdrucker
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Thank you both for your feedback.

chess9
08-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I have found that if you run often or long distances, tennis shoes are bad for your feet and legs. For one, I had a pair of tennis shoes that actually rubbed into my ankle and caused a sore that bled when I ran several miles in them. I have been training for a marathon and discovered that even my running shoes are not adequate ($40 shoes). I realized that I need to get shoes that are meant for the shape of my feet, even if it means paying a lot of money. So yeah if you are running a few miles here and there, you will be ok but anything more than that and you are going to be hurting or end up injured.

You will hear experienced marathoners say "A pair of $100 shoes is still a lot less than the orthopedist's bill." :) Cheap shoes are not cheap.

-Robert