PDA

View Full Version : Ginepri's Racquet *Plus?*

Octavian
08-23-2008, 05:19 AM
hey check out this pic it looks like he's using the paintjob of the pure storm but right after the storm u see a little plus symbol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tennischannel/2546519860/sizes/o/

TokyopunK
08-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I think that is a Euro exclusive model.

AT92292
08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
What is he using as a cross string?

Fedace
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
It looks like pure strom +, which is extended racket.

Bogie
08-23-2008, 08:35 PM
pure storm/ pure control, whatever you want to call it, its all the same thing considering it comes from the same mold. basically all top pros using that mold have custom specifications and setups so you can call it whatever you want.

at9, ginepri is using lux alu-power/ vs touch

LPShanet
08-24-2008, 10:55 AM
pure storm/ pure control, whatever you want to call it, its all the same thing considering it comes from the same mold. basically all top pros using that mold have custom specifications and setups so you can call it whatever you want.

No, in this case that isn't true. Babolat, unlike Wilson and Head, doesn't have a pro room. Their players all use stock frames with aftermarket modification for weight and balance. The mold of the two frames is the same, but they have quite different layups, which has much more effect on the frame than the mold does. As it happens, Ginepri is using the old Pure Control + layup, and then adds aftermarket weight to it.

Fedace
08-24-2008, 11:15 AM
So are you saying Ginepri still uses the Pure Control ?

rosen88
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
No, he is saying that the control and storm are from the same mold so the pro players can get them made exactly like they want. So it could be a stock control + or a special made racket that looks like a control/storm or anything in between.

LPShanet
08-25-2008, 08:06 AM
No, he is saying that the control and storm are from the same mold so the pro players can get them made exactly like they want. So it could be a stock control + or a special made racket that looks like a control/storm or anything in between.

No, no I'm not. I'm saying exactly what Fedace asked, actually. Yes, Ginepri is playing with an old Pure Control + under the paint. You're correct that I said the control and storm are from the same mold. They are. But at Babolat, unlike some other manufacturers, the sponsored players usually CAN'T get them made exactly like they want. There are no "special made rackets" (sic) that look like a control/storm or anything in between. The only thing they usually get customized at the factory is the paint job. In Babolat's case, the frame itself is pretty much always based on a stock frame (either current or discontinued), as they don't offer pro room services. The racquet Ginepri is using is the old version of the Pure Control + (pre-2003 when it weight slightly more) painted to look like a Pure Storm (+). Pretty much all of the Babolat players do their customization afterwards, via lead tape and similar methods.

PED
08-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Earlier in the summer, someone caught that same "+" size on Gonzo's racquet, but a definitive answer was never found. Here's the link to that one.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=124304

I remember that someone with "inside" knowledge listed all the flex ratings on the pro's Bab storms and both Gonzo and Ginepri used a really flexy stick. I wish I could find that thread again, but have not been able to.

LPShanet
08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Earlier in the summer, someone caught that same "+" size on Gonzo's racquet, but a definitive answer was never found. Here's the link to that one.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=124304

I remember that someone with "inside" knowledge listed all the flex ratings on the pro's Bab storms and both Gonzo and Ginepri used a really flexy stick. I wish I could find that thread again, but have not been able to.

Gonzo is also using an old Pure Control +. The flex ratings were published in a thread by Jura, I believe. The reason the flex ratings were so low is that both Gonzo and Ginepri use OLD Pure Control + versions that are pre-2003 cosmetic revision. Those were 10 grams heavier and had a noticeably lower RA index.

tennismonster
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
check out that lead and kinesiotape!
haha

jorel
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM

at9, ginepri is using lux alu-power/ vs touch
u sure its lux

i thought it was bab ballistic poly mono

JediMindTrick
08-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Gonzo is also using an old Pure Control +. The flex ratings were published in a thread by Jura, I believe. The reason the flex ratings were so low is that both Gonzo and Ginepri use OLD Pure Control + versions that are pre-2003 cosmetic revision. Those were 10 grams heavier and had a noticeably lower RA index.

If the racquets are flexible then maybe they use Pure Storm+ after all.

PED
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
u sure its lux

i thought it was bab ballistic poly mono

USRA specs from the Pac Life earlier this year had it as the lux/vs combo.

PED
08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
LP, you were dead right on that thread, it was by Jura and here's the link:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1894587#post1894587

LPShanet
08-27-2008, 05:20 PM
If the racquets are flexible then maybe they use Pure Storm+ after all.

Yes, but they don't. They use the Pure Control +. Not sure how else to say this.