PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Middle weight boxing final, Did he Really bite the shoulder off ???

Fedace
08-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Olympic Middle weight final between Cuba and England, James Degale vs Emilio Correa Bayeaux. There was a controversy in 1st or 2nd round when the guys locked up in close in fighting when all of sudden Degale YELLED OUT, This guy is Biting me in the shoulder. Then Refree paused the fight for a few seconds and awarded Degale 2 extra penalty points. At this point, all the viewers were going, OMG,,,Mike Tyson all over again.. but there was no blood and no bite marks so how did the Ref really know he was bitten ???
Then Teddy Atlas added " This does not mean that Emilio was Hungry or anything like that, it just means he is frustrated". LOL. Degale ended up winning the Gold by 2 points in the end. Did the Ref do the right thing, or was he just acting out fear for Tyson repeat ??? Was Degale Faking it ? If he was, i say that was Clever, won him the gold.:shock:

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Didn't see it but doubt it actually happened.

Feņa14
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Nah he wasn't faking it.

The mark on his chest area was pretty clear after the fight.

Another Gold for GB! Woo :)

08-24-2008, 11:25 AM
We didnt do too badly:)

TonyB
08-24-2008, 12:59 PM
He didn't "Bite the shoulder off" like you said in the title thread. But he definitely did bite him.

If you watch, you can see a huge bite mark right near the neck area just above the collar bone. It was right underneath the top strap of his jersey.

Fedace
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
He didn't "Bite the shoulder off" like you said in the title thread. But he definitely did bite him.

If you watch, you can see a huge bite mark right near the neck area just above the collar bone. It was right underneath the top strap of his jersey.

So i am just wondering, this biting thing. is this pretty common in Boxing world ??? When Mike Tyson did it, everyone acted like it was the most shocking event since Kennedy assasination. :shock:

maverick66
08-24-2008, 11:42 PM
So i am just wondering, this biting thing. is this pretty common in Boxing world ??? When Mike Tyson did it, everyone acted like it was the most shocking event since Kennedy assasination. :shock:

no its pretty low to do it. but it does happen. frustration happens and unfortunatly some fighters are idiots. its a shame this happens cause no one remembers how well the guy fought to get there all they remmeber is he got bitten.