PDA

View Full Version : Workout gear: pants vs shorts?

VamosRafa
08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I had good luck with my other thread so I thought I'd try again.

After years of a walking fitness regimen, I'm back at the gym. I was a gym regular a few years ago and at that time, almost all the women wore shorts while working out. I was quite surprised to see very few women wearing shorts this time around. A number wear capris, but a surprising number wear pants. Is this a fashion change, or is there a reason why wearing pants is better for a workout? My first thought is that you would get too hot, but then again, perhaps that is the point???

Being the fashionista I am, I went out a bought some black workout pants, but I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable working out in them. I'm in Southern California, so it's not as though there are climate issues. Any thoughts???

Thanks.

PS: Although there are some exceptions, the men seem to be primarily sticking to shorts -- at least at my gym.

chess9
08-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Pants are the most popular in my gym. I think it's because the materials used in pants can be flattering if they are tight, and if you want to hide some 'sins' buy them loose. :) They also don't make you feel like you're there to be eye candy for the ogling males, and since some women don't flaunt it even if they 'got it', pants are a nice fit. One of my friends has several pairs of black pants that are quite tight and show off her fabulous derriere, but she's 67 and proud of what she's got. ;) She welcomes eye candy too. LOL. I don't think anyone ogles the opposite sex more than her. And she's been married for 45 years!!

-Robert

Ronaldo
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Try pantaloons, men do

Vince Has Spin
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, shorts are sometimes more comfortable, sometimes easier for me to stretch and move my legs. I'm not really sure what other reasons there could be. Chess might be right as well. >_>

The Hybrid
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
shorts cause I get to damn hot...lol