PDA

View Full Version : Really Sore Muscles (pelase help)

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
I've been playing tennis for a while but the last week I was in overdrive this week getting ready for HS tryouts. But this morning I was extremely sore in my lower back, front right shoulder (non-playing shoulder) and the sides of my thighs. Do you guys ever get this soreness and how do you guys get rid of it? I can't practice because it hurts too much.

10sfreak
08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Wait a second...you're in high school, the practice you're writing about took place last week, and you're still sore? WTH? Dude, how far out of shape are you?
Anyway, unless you're actually injured, once you get out there to practice, your muscles will warm up/loosen up, and you'll be fine. Trust me.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Wait a second...you're in high school, the practice you're writing about took place last week, and you're still sore? WTH? Dude, how far out of shape are you?
Anyway, unless you're actually injured, once you get out there to practice, your muscles will warm up/loosen up, and you'll be fine. Trust me.

The practice last week was an unoffical one with my buddies. I'm not that out of shape, I guess I just overwork myself. :???:

10sfreak
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
^^^Some advil will help with the pain/inflamation, but don't start taking it everytime your muscles get sore - you don't want to harm your liver.
Like I said, unless you're actually injured, you'll be fine once you get out there and moving...Good luck to ya!

The Hybrid
08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Pain relievers,hot bath,massage the muscles,do some easy stretching,drink a lot of chocolate milk (seriously it works google it),eat/drink some protein like egg whites,protein shakes,etc......

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
eat/drink some protein like egg whites,protein shakes,etc......

Dude, I'm trying out for HS tennis, not for the Heavyweight Boxing Championship. (It's a Rocky reference for you who haven't yet seen the movie.)

The Hybrid
08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
whatever take my advice and make the team,don't and you wont...mark my words...

40lovebaby
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Inproperly hydrated muscles will also be more sore - make sure you drink enough water.

FastFreddy
08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Advil, ben gay, heating pad, hot tub, message and some light cycling to help with overall stiffness.

In D Zone
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I've been playing tennis for a while but the last week I was in overdrive this week getting ready for HS tryouts. But this morning I was extremely sore in my lower back, front right shoulder (non-playing shoulder) and the sides of my thighs. Do you guys ever get this soreness and how do you guys get rid of it? I can't practice because it hurts too much.

Try stretching / pilate - this should help ease the back and the glut sorenes . I also have using the magic ball (2 small infatable balls) exercises.

Yes - take some advil first. And if possible schedule to go to a massage every two weeks - to help realign you joints and muscles.