PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play Virtua Tennis 3?

Vincent Left
08-25-2008, 02:25 AM
No matter which version, I personally play a PC version with a PS2 joystick (through a PS2-PC cable). My favorite player is Nadal, Nalbadian and Roddick - prefer these stylish DHBHers, sometime I use a S&V player like Henman for fun, not for tough opponents.

I created serveral customized players, and currently working on a Big Server and Strong Backhander. It is not easy to score all the items. For the Big Server, I won all the tours, scored all shirts from training, passed all the tests in Acadamy - all goal metal except 4-5 silvers in expert class (still working on them). I don't always win King & Duke, it requires quite a lot concentration, and they sometime change their strategy, making your prejudgement go wrong. I think I reached somewhere lv5 in King & Duke challenge before, with a Clay Courter (lost that saving data already).

For those who play PC version, do you get the 1.1 patch? It fixes some bugs like the sound glitch in double games, but disables customized player... anyone out there ever solved this problem? I use the original exe file for now 'cause I don't play double much, and I want to create some more lefty players in the game.

Shame that VT3 PC don't have a on-line function, I only have one friend who would like to play with me - he's the only one that have the spirit keep in the cirle of losing to me, practice, losing to me again, practice more, occasionally win, then lose again, and practice again... I bet he is quite a good VT3 player by now, 'cause he challenges ME :)

Vincent Left
08-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Sorry for the double post, it was "golden metal" in the sec paragraph...

Btw you need two joys to play with a friend, but a PS2-PC would do the trick with only one PS2 joystick - the cable offers two identities.

quest01
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I used to play VT3 all the time for the 360 and at one time I was ranked under 200 in the world. From comparing both VT3 and TS3, personally I feel VT3 is the better game overall. The robotic player animations in TS3 and not being able to use real players for ranked matches are the reasons why I feel this way. I just bought Smash Court Tennis 3 yesterday and it's pretty good. There are a few interesting things in the game such as being able to challenge calls, ball changes after a certain number of games, and wacky courts such as the heliport turned grass court in Dubai. The court 692 feet above the ground where Agassi and Federer practiced on a few years ago.

Mansewerz
08-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Who's in it?

Breaker
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Who's in it?

Federer, Nadal, Hewitt, Roddick, Ferrero, Henman, Grosjean, Haas, Monfils, Ancic, Blake, Nalbandian.
And some WTA players, I don't play as them though.

I play on Live on 360 every once in a while. Very good game.

Mansewerz
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Federer, Nadal, Hewitt, Roddick, Ferrero, Henman, Grosjean, Haas, Monfils, Ancic, Blake, Nalbandian.
And some WTA players, I don't play as them though.

I play on Live on 360 every once in a while. Very good game.

Oh I meant the new Smash court tournament 3 game. I have the second one, great game. I also own VT3.

quest01
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Here is the official website of Smash Court Tennis 3. It will tell you what players are in the game.

http://www.atari.com/smashcourttennis3/

Tempest344
08-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Used to..favourite player was Ferrero
created my own player who was a clay courter...can't remember how to get that characterisic anymore though

Vincent Left
08-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I used to play VT3 all the time for the 360 and at one time I was ranked under 200 in the world. From comparing both VT3 and TS3, personally I feel VT3 is the better game overall... I just bought Smash Court Tennis 3 yesterday and it's pretty good.

Do you mean in the real world? I haven't a chance to enter any VT3 netplay yet, how do they rank players? Maybe I should buy a 360 and challenge Internet players... About SCT3, how do you feel about the input system? Does it have a PS3 version? I like the timing input in SCT2 (but the graphic's been out of date). I can't decide between Xbox360 or PS3, and my PS2 is still alive...

Used to..favourite player was Ferrero
created my own player who was a clay courter...can't remember how to get that characterisic anymore though
Footwork and strokes, keep these two abilities far beyond others then you get a Clay Courter. Your serve sucks, but still got decent volley.

mucat
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I also play the PC version. But some how, the game freeze from time to time during a match. Anyone encounter this problem? I heard there were problem with ATI card, but mine is a 8800GT. Excellent tennis game VT3 is BTW.

babolatisduhbomb
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
i sold that and i got top spin 3 i like virtua tennis more though

quest01
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
i sold that and i got top spin 3 i like virtua tennis more though

So do I, I prefer VT3 over TS3. I actually bought Smash Court Tennis 3 two days ago and I'd rank this game in between VT3 and TS3.

Headshotterer
08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
why play virtual when you can play the kind with exercise, life-like graphics, perfect sound and physics?
its called REAL LIFE

quest01
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
why play virtual when you can play the kind with exercise, life-like graphics, perfect sound and physics?
its called REAL LIFE

Well I do that also however playing Tennis video games actually improved my real game. My hand eye coordination has improved, my serve, forehand, and backhand have all improved tremendously from tennis video games. Another aspect in which I improved on dramatically is mental preparation. I tend to play better in clutch points now after experiencing tough online matches in video games.

Vincent Left
08-27-2008, 03:15 AM
its called REAL LIFE

To kill some time when real-life tennis is not available... and to practice things that are not executable in real-life yet.

iTennis47
08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
where can you get VT3 in the U.S.???

LanEvo
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
where can you get VT3 in the U.S.???

amazon dude

iTennis47
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
parents dont trust amazon or **** =( cuz they wana see the product in person. is there a free download or store?

Satch
08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Well I do that also however playing Tennis video games actually improved my real game. My hand eye coordination has improved, my serve, forehand, and backhand have all improved tremendously from tennis video games. Another aspect in which I improved on dramatically is mental preparation. I tend to play better in clutch points now after experiencing tough online matches in video games.

come on man, are you serious???

Have you even installed VT3? That game have nothing to do with real tennis players are kissing the ground on every point shots and points look ridiculous it’s stupid game really, playing VT3 you can learn how to smash your gamepad but to play better, hell no! :-?

Satch
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
PS does this even look like a tennis, or what sport is this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYPZjLp5sE

LanEvo
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
i would get VT3 for PS3, but no online feature, so ill either wait fro TS3 to go on clearence or wait until VT4 comes out with online feature

quest01
08-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I used to play VT3 all the time. At one point I was ranked under 200 in singles. Also me and another guy used to team up in ranked doubles everyday and actually did quite well, reaching in the top 50 at one time.

Gob_
08-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't care for VT3. It's fun, but the diving annoys the hell out of me. One thing they'll always be great at though, is the character animations. They have Taylor Dent's serve and Monfil's forehand down! Who else does that?? Top Spin 3 is my favorite tennis game, but the characters on there **** me off. Like I think it's great they have Berdych, Murray, Monfils, and Flipper, but give them some custom animations for God's sake! And wow way to give Monica Seles a one-handed forehand.

Teamtomo
08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
i play it! on my xbox 360

Gaudio2004
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
I play as Federer the most, hardest opponent for me is Taylor Dent, I can beat Nadal, Nalbandian, Haas, Blake and Ferrero with 1 eye closed, they are too easy to beat even on very hard mode.
King and Duke are also easy after a while.

ElectricTennis
08-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I play it like all the time when I have nothing to do. I am ranked 95th overall atp in it.

I don't have any of those bugs. Though the window will exit fullscreen and minimize in the middle of matches. (I am playing pc). I was mad though that I cannot play 2 player with my brother. (Him on keyboard me on Gamepad)