PDA

View Full Version : HD

william7gr
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I live in New York and the US Open is broadcasted on the USA network. This was fine a year ago but since i got a big HD TV a couple of months ago with an amazing picture there is a problem. The problem is there is no USA HD. After watching other tournaments in HD it is so hard to watch in anything not in HD. Does anyone here have the open in HD.

goober
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I had USA HD for the Olympics. I presume it is going to continue for the US Open.

Shahar26
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
USA HD is available through satellite, and plenty other ways too, except crappy Time Warner, and their horrible competitors RCN....

jgn1013
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
usa hd is available through comcast

william7gr
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
well it seems like every one but me has USA HD
BTW I have Cablevision

Feña14
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Just out of interest, do you have to pay extra for the channels broadcast in HD in America?

NickC
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Fena, yeah, we do. For satellite subscribers, like myself, we pay extra fees per month (nothing substantial, though) to get access to HD channels. The tradeoff is the fact that we get 1080 progressive scan - compatible channels and a much wider selection of HD channels. Cable won't charge you extra, yet their picture quality is a bit worse, and their selection of channels is a bit smaller.

ZoomUltraflight
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
go to Universal HD, they usually cover USA sports events in HD. I know on my box at home (Suffolk County LI, NY) it was 744 but it could be different on your set. But it does exist, but under universal HD

Shahar26
08-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Just out of interest, do you have to pay extra for the channels broadcast in HD in America?

Not for regular HD channels (the major networks and their affiliates), but there are a handful of channels that are extra (usually movies and events).

BUT, we don't get any EPL in HD, only Champ League (usually an regular analog converted to HD) and major tournaments. :cry:

I've pretty much stopped watching non HD channels (except live sport), on a 50" widescreen, anything else looks really bad....

P.S
We're going to win the League!

Feña14
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the replies!

We have to pay an extra £10 a month for the extra channels in HD (Sky Sports, Movies etc...)

I've not payed it yet but with the Ryder Cup happening next month and the Premier League starting again i'll probably go for it.

As for Man Utd winning the league.. The team with Deco are taking it this year ;)

Ronaldo
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
go to Universal HD, they usually cover USA sports events in HD. I know on my box at home (Suffolk County LI, NY) it was 744 but it could be different on your set. But it does exist, but under universal HD

With USA now offered in HD, no tennis on Universal HD locally.

william7gr
08-25-2008, 04:29 PM
universal HD was great for the Olympics but it has no us open.