PDA

View Full Version : Problem concerning Limewire

therogerfan
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I wanted to download a couple of fresh songs lately , but my Limewire didn't connect to the network. I turned off the Windows firewall , uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again , but with no success. What would you advice me to do ?

Vitaly Evchenkov
08-25-2008, 02:00 PM
1. download a newer version
2. change the ports that Limewire uses
3. try different program
4. fork over 99cents for your Jonas Brothers and Rihanna

abenguyen
08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
lol limewire has always had problems um download a new version or download pro, thats what i did lol. Pro works so much faster

therogerfan
08-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I've tried the newest version, the installation didn't solve the problem.

counter_puncher
08-26-2008, 12:53 AM
limewire has a ton of problems. lately ive been stuck on "starting connection" with no connection.

that is why i have deferred to the dark side...
i now use FROSTWIRE.

therogerfan
08-26-2008, 01:04 AM
limewire has a ton of problems. lately ive been stuck on "starting connection" with no connection.

that is why i have deferred to the dark side...
i now use FROSTWIRE. I have exactly the same problem. I may consider trying the Frostwire

maverick66
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
use torrents. its alot easier and better to use. havnt had my comp crash from a massive virus attack either yet which is something that occured quite frequently with limewire.

chrisf
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
use torrents. its alot easier and better to use. havnt had my comp crash from a massive virus attack either yet which is something that occured quite frequently with limewire.

This. Seriously, don't use limewire. Just use torrents and if for whatever reason you're opposed to that just use google to do an index search for whatever song you want, I guarantee you can find it. If you don't know how to do an index search feel free to toss me an email at feyn1774@hotmail.com or just do a bit of research, it really is quite easy.

abenguyen
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
yea pertaining to my post earlier, just go use torrents. easier and lots more options. i got pro cause i downloaded it works much better than the free version. so just start using torrents.

uTorrent would be ur best bet

Tallahassee_Technifibre
08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah get uTorrent.

therogerfan
08-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I've been using BitComet for two years already and I would strongly recommend it as everything works fine. As for trackers , I know only isohunt and a couple of Russian ones. Could you please suggest any ?

adams_1
08-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Must be careful not to say anything that one shouldn't say in such a place... :\

therogerfan
08-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Must be careful not to say anything that one shouldn't say in such a place... :\What do you mean ?

diredesire
08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
What do you mean ?

It means don't discuss ILLEGAL activities on the TW forums. Stealing music and other media is illegal.

FYI: Limewire is a terrible P2P, and the RIAA commonly sets up honey-pot accounts on it to find new people to hit with a $3000 fine. Google it and find something else to use, if you want.

(Universities get hit with subpoenas all the time because of limewire + RIAA)