PDA

View Full Version : For Tennis Elbow, how much hot, how much cold?

BjornBorg
08-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I spoke with an Orthopedic Doctor who told me that many players over-ice their elbow and forearm area. He said players need to get more blood flow through the inflamed areas. He said heat is needed as much or more than ice.

How much ice time and how much heat time? Should one follow the other? Which should be done first? Thanks.

LuckyR
08-26-2008, 09:31 AM
I spoke with an Orthopedic Doctor who told me that many players over-ice their elbow and forearm area. He said players need to get more blood flow through the inflamed areas. He said heat is needed as much or more than ice.

How much ice time and how much heat time? Should one follow the other? Which should be done first? Thanks.

Well, first of all, neither heat nor ice is the solution for TE. True, Pros will ice their arms after strenuous play to reduce swelling and you can too. However you would be the unusual Club player who needed this drastic step.

If you have a muscular injury (as opposed to a post match routine) heat and ice can play a role, to be honest this sounds like what he was talking about, not TE.

rocky b
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Ice if you have inflammation 5-6 times a day then use heat to get the blood flowing to the area to heal it. The elbow has very little blood flow thats why they take so long to heal. Ice after you play to reduce swelling

Robbnc
08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
How long have you had TE?

When you are tired of dealing with it go get PRP treatment and be
playing pain free in 3 weeks.

JediMindTrick
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
How long have you had TE?

When you are tired of dealing with it go get PRP treatment and be
playing pain free in 3 weeks.

What's the PRP treatment?

Ronaldo