PDA

View Full Version : Donald Youngs Shirt Last Night Against Blake

Daniel68
08-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Hello! Please tell me where I can find the shirt Donald Young wore in his five-set matche against James Blake.
( http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=9087afc52f054006a889bcf0abcb6b28.us_ope n_tennis_nyea212&prov=ap ) That's a link to a picture of Donald wearing the shirt. Thanks!!

carrwash13
08-26-2008, 08:02 AM
yea, I really want this shirt too if anyone knows where to get it or if it is coming out.

Babolast
08-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Europe only relese.

Sorry guys.

Serpententacle
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
That shirt's SO last night.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Putting an American in a European only release shirt. Brilliant.

PED
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Berdych is wearing it as well today.

samster
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Berdych is wearing it as well today.

What does Young and Berdych both have in common? They both lost.

PED
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
^^^Samster, isn't Fed wearing a similar style tonight? Could be trouble (but I doubt it)

TB45
08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Putting an American in a European only release shirt. Brilliant.

haha exactly. what about james blake's shirt?

omg, i thought both of their (blake/young) outfits were ugly. Donald looked like a gangsta with his hat slightly tilted and the leaning walk he had. And James didnt have matching apparel. His shirt and shorts were grey/brown and his headband/wristband/shoes were blue. Totally a clash of colors! :)

I have not been impressed with Nike's apparel at the USO so far. Adidas Apparel looked great on Nikishori and Monaco.

PED
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
The Blake shirt is part of Nike's new dual sport line up. You can play tennis or you can bowl in it as well ;)

DonBot
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Europe only relese.

Sorry guys.

Although I am not the biggest fan of this shirt, what is up with Nike's European tennis clothes- seems like most of the stuff I want (such as the James Blake hat) seems to be Europe only. I almost ordered it from a british site, but Shipping was almost as much as the hat.

BreakPoint
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Young's shirt looked like a typical Nike golf shirt to me. Maybe you can search the Nike golf shirts or the Tiger Woods collections to see if you can find it or one similar to it.

And what was with that rain jacket/trench coat he put on after the match? Ugly!! Is that supposed to be a tennis warm-up jacket? :confused:

WHSTENNIS
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
who won? ???

BreakPoint
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
The Blake shirt is part of Nike's new dual sport line up. You can play tennis or you can bowl in it as well ;)
Let's face it. You can pretty much play tennis in anything, even a $2 plain white Hanes undershirt. We buy the expensive Nike stuff because the pros wear them. ;-)

waxnator
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
ehh...the shirt was okay I guess. Anyone think he looks ridiculous with the hat?

AR15
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
It looked like a golf shirt.

I didn't think the brown color was very sporty.

tennisfever8181
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
who won? ???

Blake........

AR15
08-26-2008, 01:27 PM
ehh...the shirt was okay I guess. Anyone think he looks ridiculous with the hat?

The hat wasn't too bad. Now the earings and gold chain aren't my cup of tea at all.

PED
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Let's face it. You can pretty much play tennis in anything, even a $2 plain white Hanes undershirt. We buy the expensive Nike stuff because the pros wear them. ;-)

No doubt about that. I'm still wondering how I will like the nike spring 09 stuff they've been showing on some other threads. Right now, that stuff turns my stomach but I'm sure I'll come around in the end. Just like last year, I thought the cage 2's were pretty ugly and now I won't play in anything else..LOL I guess I'm easy.

LES
08-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Why does everyone criticise him for the hat? I don't see anyone knocking Gasquet for wearing a backwards cap or Roddick for wearing a trucker hat

RCizzle65
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah Young looked like he was in some golf attire

pow
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Why does everyone criticise him for the hat? I don't see anyone knocking Gasquet for wearing a backwards cap or Roddick for wearing a trucker hat

It's OCD, some people want the hat straightened so that he appears symmetrical.

thejuice
08-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I think it's a matter of ignorance to different cultures. Some keep commenting on his cap, some on his earrings and chain, and one dummy even said something about his walk. Tennis is still a country club sport played by some spoiled rich kids that have no idea of other cultures that play the sport. I think Donald Young can be the new Tiger Woods if he keeps playing with heart and passion like he did last night. Tiger changed golf forever. DY is an average kid from an average family that loves tennis, much like Venus and Serena. He can get a lot of average kids (that wear their hats to the side and rock gold chains and diamond earrings) into a sport that has been ruled by white polos with cardigans and plain white shorts with ugly, plain Jane shoes. Just my $.02.

nCode747
08-26-2008, 04:41 PM
was he going golfing

WildVolley
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
I thought his polo was nice looking. Too bad Nike isn't selling it in the US.

geesechops
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
I think it's a matter of ignorance to different cultures. Some keep commenting on his cap, some on his earrings and chain, and one dummy even said something about his walk. Tennis is still a country club sport played by some spoiled rich kids that have no idea of other cultures that play the sport. I think Donald Young can be the new Tiger Woods if he keeps playing with heart and passion like he did last night. Tiger changed golf forever. DY is an average kid from an average family that loves tennis, much like Venus and Serena. He can get a lot of average kids (that wear their hats to the side and rock gold chains and diamond earrings) into a sport that has been ruled by white polos with cardigans and plain white shorts with ugly, plain Jane shoes. Just my $.02.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Too many Goddamn snobs in golf and tennis. I just saw a thread about what to wear at clubs that require all white clothing. What the hell!!!??? How do these places exist? We need to stop alienated people from our sport and get over the elitist attitudes against cut off shirts and tilted hats.

waxnator
08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I actually like the backwards hat.

I just thought the hat looked weird on him. I couldn't see his face because his hat blocked out all the light.

Some may call it ignorance but I simply don't like people who dress up like gangbangers. Same with those emo kids you see walking around with eyeliner on.

samprasbackhand
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
That shirt was flippin' sweet....I want one

grimmbomb21
08-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Any sites that have it that will ship to the US?

thejuice
08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
I actually like the backwards hat.

I just thought the hat looked weird on him. I couldn't see his face because his hat blocked out all the light.

Some may call it ignorance but I simply don't like people who dress up like gangbangers. Same with those emo kids you see walking around with eyeliner on.

You hit the nail on the head!!! Thanks for categorizing yourself and not have me do it for you. What does a "gangbanger" look like? Oh, and explain what the hell a gangbanger is please. That term itself was created by idiots. Don't worry, you aren't the only one. There are plenty on the boards and in society.

We need to stop alienated people from our sport and get over the elitist attitudes against cut off shirts and tilted hats.

Couldn't agree with you more!!!!