PDA

View Full Version : OBAMA gets nomination!!!

formerblakefan
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow, the first black man has been nominated by a major party to become the next president of the United States. Whoo Hoo!!!

chess9
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Now, get registered and VOTE.

This is an historic moment for America.

-Robert

10sfreak
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
^^^I realize the above comment wasn't directed at me, but believe you me, I am definitely registered to vote, and will NOT miss this vote under any circumstances!:-)

chess9
08-27-2008, 03:13 PM
So am I. ;)

-Robert

formerblakefan
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
So am I!!! (but unfortunately i'm in a severely deep red state, so my vote will be just to say "i voted for a black man!!")

AM28143
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
So am I! And I already have voted for Obama once.

-Adam :)

soyizgood
08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Will Obama finally define "change" and assemble a plan to achieve this "change"? I think he's an idealist and without a cast of competent folks he'd be more lost than GWB.

I'm not sure whether to vote for him or just sit this election out.

AM28143
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
^Obama is pragmatic. He'll surround himself with capable men and women. He’s not a manager; he’s a leader.

Do you really want McCain? Vote for Obama.

-Adam :)

WBF
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
he'd be more lost than GWB.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Steady Eddy
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not voting. The chances that the margin in Arizona will be one vote are astronomical. It would be more effective to buy a lottery ticket with the intention to spend the proceeds on lobbying.

chess9
08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm not voting. The chances that the margin in Arizona will be one vote are astronomical. It would be more effective to buy a lottery ticket with the intention to spend the proceeds on lobbying.

Not voting in a democracy?

We are so lucky to be able to vote! It's almost a divine right. ;) I'd like to think it's at least a Natural Right.

The vote and jury duty are the two things you do as a citizen that are most important after paying taxes. ;)

So, why wouldn't you vote for Bob Barr, the serial monagamist/hypocrite/moron?

-Robert

soyizgood
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Obama chose one of the most liberal guys as his VP. Obama already has a staunch liberal reputation. All McCain has to do is pick someone not so conservative and he'll have a wider base of support. But seeing that McCain is Bush-lite, he'll find someone either very conservative, very corporate, or very religious.

quest01
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't even want to know what our country or the world will look like if Obama is elected president. I just have a grave feeling about Obama's intentions as president of the United States. I wouldn't be surprised if a nuclear explosion detonates at the center of our country causing monumental destruction and apocalypse wiping off the face of civilization as we know it.
I'll be drinking a glass of chardonnay until by butt cheeks explode.

Marcos
08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
So am I!!! (but unfortunately i'm in a severely deep red state, so my vote will be just to say "i voted for a black man!!")

If you are so eager to vote for a black man you should vote for Alan Keyes: twice as black and a thousand times more honest. Better yet: stop being obsessed about race. This is not pretty.

We are so lucky to be able to vote! It's almost a divine right. ;) I'd like to think it's at least a Natural Right.

The vote and jury duty are the two things you do as a citizen that are most important after paying taxes. ;)

So, why wouldn't you vote for Bob Barr, the serial monagamist/hypocrite/moron?

-Robert

I wish I had the right to actually choose not vote.

superman1
08-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't even want to know what our country or the world will look like if Obama is elected president. I just have a grave feeling about Obama's intentions as president of the United States. I wouldn't be surprised if a nuclear explosion detonates at the center of our country causing monumental destruction and apocalypse wiping off the face of civilization as we know it.
I'll be drinking a glass of chardonnay until by butt cheeks explode.

You must have the IQ of a lima bean.

Nanshiki
08-27-2008, 11:44 PM
If I was 35 I'd just write myself in...

All the candidates are f*ckwits in my eyes.

BreakPoint
08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Do you really want McCain? Vote for Obama.

I want neither. Do we really NEED a President? I vote for getting rid of the office of the Presidency. :shock:

formerblakefan
08-28-2008, 04:22 AM
If you are so eager to vote for a black man you should vote for Alan Keyes: twice as black and a thousand times more honest. Better yet: stop being obsessed about race. This is not pretty.

Aren't you so funny...

Well, first off, Keyes offers a totally different political perspective than mine. He's good if you're extremely paranoid and feel that the country will benefit from such crazy, divisive rhetoric like "Jesus Christ wouldn't vote for Obama." :) I mean, have you actually read some of his stuff? The man is quite a lunatic, saying that 9-11 was God's way of punishing us for abortion clinics.

But, some people (e.g. white nationalists) love him, and their vote will keep him going strong and wrong.

--Vote OBAMA!!

Steady Eddy
08-28-2008, 06:41 AM

That's why. A year ago I had jury duty. The judge said that they take the names from voting registration and DMV. I have to drive, but if I stop voting and get dropped from the voting registration lists, that improves my chances of not getting jury duty. (Did you know that some jurors get put on cases that last 6 months!?)

quest01
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM
superman1,

Actually it was Nostradamus who predicted grave outcomes if Obama is elected president. So my information came solely from a higher entity.

taffymoon
08-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Congratulations, USA on choosing such a wonderful candidate for President. Vamos Obama!

Steady Eddy
08-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Congratulations, USA on choosing such a wonderful candidate for President. Vamos Obama!
You're welcome. Considering moving here?

stormholloway
08-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Awesome. The first half-white man has been nominated for President! What an occasion...

superman1
08-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I want to see that family in the White House; the Obama's and the Biden's look great together, and we haven't had kids running around the White House in a long time...sort of the opposite of McCain who is pretty close to the end of the road, and his plastic trophy wife who he has notoriously treated like crap, though not nearly as bad as his first wife. He might end up picking Romney, a guy who looks and acts like he was packaged and sealed at a politician-making factory.

Obama defined "change" today very clearly with a lot of specific promises. With a Democratic Congress I have faith that he'll do some good things. He'll also have some failings, but by and large I expect a positive Obama presidency.

dora_75
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I want neither. Do we really NEED a President? I vote for getting rid of the office of the Presidency. :shock:

I second that :)

Serpententacle
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
All I know is Obama knocked it out of the park with that kickass speech!! He actually laid out specific policies and plans.

quest01
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
As a conservative, I'll admit the Obama speech was cultivating to an extent. I was impressed with the amount of people who watched the speech. However Obama will not win the election, the polls have clearly showed a shift towards McCain. People are beginning to realize McCain has vastly more experience over Obama and takes tougher stances on foreign policy measures and how to handle the situation in Iraq. The truth about Obama will be revealed about his dirty dealings with Tony Rezko and his lack of experience which will turn our country upside down and in a state of turmoil.

DoubleWindsor
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Hes hardly even black, more of a half and half, give me someone with kenyan heritage, then they ll be BLACK