PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Pain?

Matty G
08-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Hey when you get arm pain from polys were on your arm do you get it? Iv just moved to full bbo @ 56 on my ag200 and iv got this. My right arm bicep(Im right handed) is sore/stiff when i flex it. It does not hurt when im playing tho. Do you think it could be the poly? Or do you think it could just be to much playing or a minor injury not poly related?

Matty G
08-29-2008, 05:52 AM
BUMP anyone!!

Cenc
08-29-2008, 06:12 AM
hm...
maybe try not to have bicepses like nadal since they dont help you very much in tennis

to heal biceps pain, try some cream, it can help

SystemicAnomaly
08-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Perhaps your racket bag is too heavy. Or you're picking up too many balls;)

I don't believe that the biceps are used all that much to directly generate power in tennis. Do you have an unusual follow-thru on FH shots, serves, or 2-handed BHs -- do you aggressively flex (bend) the arm on the follow-thru? I wouldn't really expect a follow-thru to affect the biceps in this manner unless there is something unusual about your execution.

Biceps also come into play when supinating a bent arm (not so much when the arm is straight). Supination is the opposite of pronation -- the forearm is rotated the other way. Most players will use only moderate supinations for tennis strokes. Do you employ an unusual amount of bent arm supination on a 1-handed BH or some other shot?

Are you doing biceps and triceps workouts in the gym?

mixtery
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm also suffering from pains and "shock" twinges in the tendons on the outside of my bicep, closer to the tricep. Not near the elbow really at all. I use poly at 57 lbs and have a long fast swing. It doesn't hurt so much during playing for the first hour, but after a 1.5 hours it starts to hurt. I use a two handed backhand so I really don't think it's from that. It's mostly from my powerful forehand that does the hurt. I ice and that helps but so far the pain does not keep me from playing but I certainly don't want to advance any injuries in this area.